U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:22 PM

Location: West Augusta, GA, ATL, MIAMI, TAMPA, LA, HOUSTON, D.C.
88 posts, read 92,159 times

Advertisements

so macon, savannah, & columbus pay more than augusta yeah right. Im from atlanta and i know that augusta has the highest median income outside of atlanta. Augusta is better than macon sorry mayorofmacon just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 07:27 PM

Im with FFG3 WHAT STOES IS MACON GETTING, that savannah & macon will have but not augusta. Again augusta mall right now has these stores we dont have to wait to build like macon we have coach, p.f. changs, chicos, banana republic, white house black market, & dave & buster's. Thats just some of the stores augusta mall is adding, its adding over 100 stores, children areas, & a hotel. The riverwatch, & forum will have stores not in augusta. Still im like FFG3 what stores will macon have along with savannah. I know savannah has a small marc jacobs because he vacation house there. But what stores please englighten us.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:32 PM

MayorofMacon know one knows where augusta is. No one knows where macon is who has heard of macon. PPl have heard of augusta from all over the u.s & the world. I went to china last year, & i said i was from augusta a man said oh the home of james brown. I said yes the home of james brown, he even had a friend who has been to augusta for the masters. PPl in china have heard of augsuta, who in china knows any other city in ga besides atl because of the olympics in 96. I asked did though know any other cities they didnt just atl & aug. No one in china knows any other city in ga but augusta or atlanta. Sorry mayorofmacon but your statements are wrong again

Old 09-10-2007, 07:57 PM

Atlanta/Roswell you are right not only does augusta has the highest median income outside of atlanta with richmond beating bibb by about 8,000. But even houston lost to columbia county by about 10 or 12 thousand. Augusta alos has the largest african american market outside atlanta. So if we have low paying jobs, i really feel sorry for the ppl living in macon, savannah, or even smaller cities like rome or athens, or valdosta how much do their jobs pay then.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:06 PM

Hello everybody sonic has chosen to put one of its first sit-down sonics in the whole country in augusta, ga

Bill Gates has a house on walton way in richmond county. So if the second richest man in the world i dont think he number 1 anymore has a house here, augusta must be okay dont you think. Summerville is just one jewel of augusta, i have taken friends from atlanta throught this neighboorhood & forest hills all their mouth drop to the floor. They all said the same thing, i didnt know augsuta had mcmansions, i thought augusta was smaller

Old 09-10-2007, 08:09 PM

Richmond County, can you tell me where this summerville & forest hills area are in augusta. My sisiter is ready to get out of atl to now, the traffic has gotten to her also.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:11 PM

Bill Gates house is it real big i would love to see it, me & husband are going badck to augsuta this weekend.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:15 PM

Summerville is call the hill in augusta. Its in west augusta convient to downtown. Its a beautiful neighboorhood which huge mcmansions all over the place. Forest Hills is a nice area to closer to wrightsboro rd in west augsuta. It has some of the same huge old grand plantation homes also. They both are really beautiful neighboorhods in richmond county. My friends from atl loved when i drove them through the area. Even my cousin from ny said wow look at these houses.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:20 PM

Bill Gates house in located on walton way in richmond county. Its in west augsusta but its hidden behind trees. Its kind of hard to explain because of where is located. But when you come to augusta, just drive down walton way & look more off the road than the houses right on it when you drive down. If you look closely at areas just off walton way its hidden, you should be able to see it

Old 09-10-2007, 08:23 PM

Thank you, richmond county for the info. I'll make sure me & the hubby go check it when we visit augusta this wkend. Do you know anywhere where we should dine at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or