Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 06:27 PM

937 posts, read 1,800,415 times

Advertisements

Any renderings or new info regarding the 15th Cancer Center ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
Dr. Azziz mentioned the Cultural/Mills campuses, the $100 million Cancer/$10 million for cancer research/etc in the budget, $66 million gift to MCG, enrollment/faculty growth, new degrees/scholarships, etc today...

More degree programs, scholarships headed to GRU - WRDW.com - News for Greater Augusta and Aiken

Azziz says scholarships, new programs fuel growth at GRU | The Augusta Chronicle

Old 04-30-2013, 08:33 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,386,175 times
When the city and GRU come together on the Mill campus downtown. Augusta will start feeling like it the second largest city in Georgia.
Mill campuses are 'city effort,' Azziz says | Mobile Augusta

Old 04-30-2013, 09:14 PM

Governor Deal will be here in Augusta on May 7th to sign the 2014 budget at GRU...

Augusta projects:
1. $45 million for the new cancer research building
2. $10 million for cancer research
3. $4.6 million for other initiatives inlcuding enrollment growth at the Dental school
4. $5 million for the Medical Commons new equipment

Old 05-02-2013, 09:22 PM

The University System Board of Regents has hired a consultant to evaluate Augusta's proposal to develop a cultural campus downtown and mills campus in Harrisburg, according to City Administrator Fred Russell.

Regents hire consultant to evaluate mills campus plan | The Augusta Chronicle

Old 05-08-2013, 01:22 PM

More than $57 million will boost cancer services at GRU | The Augusta Chronicle

With a stroke of a pen Tuesday, Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal boosted cancer care in Georgia with more than $57 million for a new building and enhanced services at Georgia Regents University Cancer Center.

That money includes $45 million to help build a building that could bring an important national designation but also funding to establish outreach and prevention and fund clinical trials in new therapies discovered at the center, the director said.

The $45 million in general obligation bonds is part of the more than $200 million envisioned to build a cancer center that would be a critical step toward getting a National Cancer Institute Comprehensive Cancer Center designation, the state’s second such center, Dr. Samir N. Khleif said.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:21 PM

The federal Environmental Protection Agency has awarded $200,000 to the Augusta Canal Authority to fund Sibley Mill environmental cleanup.

The mill and the adjacent King Mill property are under consideration for development as Georgia Regents University “Mills Campus” in a proposal put forward by the Augusta Regional Collaboration.

EPA gives Augusta Canal $200,000 for cleanup | The Augusta Chronicle

Old 05-11-2013, 08:10 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,911,505 times
Default GRU site plan

I have been planning my own fantasy site plan for GRU. I have highlighted three main campuses, I have not completed the Riverfront Campus.

Athletic or West Campus: GRU has the opportunity to really expand especially with the lack of success from the Patch. Under this plan Wrightsboro Road from the mall to Damascus Road would be widened to 6 lanes with a raised median and Damascus would be widened to 4 lanes with a raised median.

Football stadium, I have copied a scale model of Wake Forest BB&T stadium which is around 31,000 in capacity to show it would fit in the land on Damascus Road. There is even room on the property for a baseball stadium.

Basketball: I like the site of the current arena on Wrightsboro. As the school is expanded I can see the Christenberry Fieldhouse expanding.

Additional Sports: A golf course, tennis center and Aquatic center already exist within close proximity of each other.
I can also see a large development of student residences and class space occupying the rest of the campus.

Summerville Campus: Centrally located between the west and east campuses it is home to the schools arts department and many other schools.

Medical or East Campus: Home to the schools medical campus.

I have also highlighted a potential Paine College expansion plan including a new Lions Stadium. If you also notice I have even including my interstate 63 idea.
https://www.facebook.com/BuildInterstate63
Attached Thumbnails
Georgia Regents University Augusta-east-campus.png   Georgia Regents University Augusta-west-campus.png   Georgia Regents University Augusta-both-campuses.png  

Last edited by therealpattman; 05-11-2013 at 08:21 PM..

Old 05-12-2013, 11:36 AM

I wondering if GRU will still develop the GGHF site by themselves. They already have the Medical District, land in/around Kroger & Kroger shopping center, GGHF site on the Riverwalk, ASU main & west campuses, etc.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:50 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,911,505 times
Personally and this is just my opinion, I feel the Mills campus and GGHF campus are unnecessary. GRU has more than enough land to expand. What the city should do is try to attract development catering to students not necessarily making it a part of the school because when you do that you give that land to the state to do what it wants too. That land should be privately developed not given to the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area