Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 04:24 AM

27 posts, read 80,114 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone need some help here. I have heard so much about Columbia County schools. Parents opinions matter most to me of course. I have read several good/bad things about Greenbrier schools. I know you are going to hear both of each and I have also done the "best school" things with my children. I took it as a bad sign when I spoke with the elementary school secretary and she was very "biased" concerning my daughter. My son was taught advanced lessons at his old school (he's 11 now) but the snob attitudes in some of the staff,parents, and children were terrible!! The worst comments I read recently were from some parents who child attended Greenbrier. We are also searching for a great neighborhood if anyone can help! Education is very important. But it is also important for my children and myself to not experience the snootyness. We just want them to get a great education and feel great about going to school. I felt like we had to keep up with the "Jones". Riverwood plantation is sooo huge. How are the neighbors? Anyone provide me with good info on living there? I heard Martinez is a little older but nice as well? Please, any good information is appreciated. We are looking in the 250,000-375,000 price range in homes. Thanks!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 09:56 AM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,142,842 times
My only major compliant with CoCo public schools is the Public transportation issues they are having. We'll be in Greenbrier next year, Ive heard same 'concerns' but the campus is beautiful. far as the concerns i won't really know how accurate the are or not until next year mid way.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:19 AM

Thanks for the info, do you know anything about the Riverwood community or the builders? We are seriously on deadline here and we really need to decide next month.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:31 AM

Thanks for the info, do you know anything about the Riverwood community or the builders? We are seriously on deadline here and we really need to decide next month.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:36 AM

Riverwood is a bit removed from the center of evans, pretty area however. there is several neighborhoods all built in the general area. It has the community pool larger lots , the neighborhood is clean and quiet for the most part. Towne Center is the nearest shopping and has my favorite publix in the area..everything else you need to go into Martinez or near evans ( off washington) to eat out and grocery shop and the nearest movie theather.Riverwood has a barn pavillion which is cute and nature trails but evans have tons of those areas that beat those hand down. it is a bit more removed from the general traffic areas , like Martinez, but if you don't mind driving then you will be happy with the area, if you want less drive time..you will not due to the fact it is farther removed from everything.

Nearest library is in center of Evans, and so is the new dog park( theres 3 dog parks near by Riverwood)Columbia County Georgia | Evans Towne Center Park

it is car dependant , nothing in walking distance.Riverwood If I remember correctly built all 16 of those neighborhoods next to one another in that area.( which it close to greenbrier HS) again..the HS campus and middle school built there is beautiful and well maintained.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVW3VfjQ-Ak

Anything else you are curious about you might want to know?

Last edited by klmquiroz; 02-17-2013 at 10:45 AM..

Old 02-17-2013, 10:50 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,097,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmquiroz View Post
Riverwood is a bit removed from the center of evans, pretty area however. there is several neighborhoods all built in the general area. It has the community pool larger lots , the neighborhood is clean and quiet for the most part. Towne Center is the nearest shopping and has my favorite publix in the area..everything else you need to go into Martinez or near evans ( off washington) to eat out and grocery shop and the nearest movie theather.Riverwood has a barn pavillion which is cute and nature trails but evans have tons of those areas that beat those hand down. it is a bit more removed from the general traffic areas , like Martinez, but if you don't mind driving then you will be happy with the area, if you want less drive time..
The majority of shopping and entertainment in Columbia County lies within the Evans area. I think you might be getting Martinez confused with parts of West Augusta. The only stores people might drive to Martinez for is the Walmart, Earthfare, Lowes, or Aldi.

The Martinez stretch of Washington rd is between Club Car and Pleasant Home rd.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:56 AM

No didn't confuse it for West Augusta I meant exactly as I typed.

I've been here for years and never step foot in West Augusta. Considering i am in the heart of Evans I am very aware of what is in Evans, but thank you =)

Everything I menstioned was in Evans not West Augusta

Old 02-17-2013, 11:04 AM

Thanks for the info, what about Somerset? I couldn't get a good feel for it online. Or if you have other great neighborhoods to suggest in the CoCo school district. Or even some good home builders. We do not have to be in Greenbrier since I have read that CoCo schools were all good schools. We would like to be closer in but then what are we sacrificing ya know? This has been a valuable lesson learned with house hunting. We should have started at least a full year ago..The area is larger than we thought.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:51 AM

I like Crawford Creek in Evans GA better then I do Somerset which are both in the same general area, but thats just my personal opinon. It just to tract house feeling for me. Ask your realtor to doa video tour of them for you..makes it easier on you to get a feel of the neighborhood without being there.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:03 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,097,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmquiroz View Post
No didn't confuse it for West Augusta I meant exactly as I typed.

I've been here for years and never step foot in West Augusta. Considering i am in the heart of Evans I am very aware of what is in Evans, but thank you =)

Everything I menstioned was in Evans not West Augusta
I've lived here much longer than you(in Richmond and Columbia counties).. I was just curious about the statement, because I've never heard anybody described Martinez as a place to eat out, grocery shop, etc..

Considering over 90% of Columbia County residents shop outside of the county. That's actually kinda hard to believe that you've never step foot in West Augusta. There's no border where you can tell the difference between West Augusta and Martinez along Washington rd, Bobby Jones, Furys Ferry, Stevens Creek, or Riverwatch pkwy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaddisw View Post
Thanks for the info, what about Somerset? I couldn't get a good feel for it online. Or if you have other great neighborhoods to suggest in the CoCo school district. Or even some good home builders. We do not have to be in Greenbrier since I have read that CoCo schools were all good schools. We would like to be closer in but then what are we sacrificing ya know? This has been a valuable lesson learned with house hunting. We should have started at least a full year ago..The area is larger than we thought.
The person who told you that probably meant the overall system. The schools in Grovetown and Harlem(particularly high school) aren't top schools.

Last edited by nortonguy; 02-17-2013 at 04:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area