Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 AM

6 posts, read 6,865 times

Advertisements

we are currently living in NJ a family of 6 and my husband is looking into relocating in a few areas, augusta being one. I would like to know what the best area outside of the city would be for best schools, low crime, and nice reasonable homes (we would rent to begin with in hopefully a budget under 1800)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 05:09 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,174,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ ma of four View Post
we are currently living in NJ a family of 6 and my husband is looking into relocating in a few areas, augusta being one. I would like to know what the best area outside of the city would be for best schools, low crime, and nice reasonable homes (we would rent to begin with in hopefully a budget under 1800)
Martinez, Evans or Grovetown would probably be the best areas outside of the city. They all three have low crime, great schools and you should be able to find a nice home for under $1800. Martinez and Grovetown would probably be a little less expensive than Evans.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:30 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
I agree with PJA how those are the best areas outside of the city located in Columbia County.

I would definitely rate both North Augusta and especially Aiken easily over Grovetown. The homes in Martinez(much closer in price range to West Augusta, Aiken, Evans) are much more expensive compared to the Grovetown area. I would consider Graniteville in Aiken County if you were to find Grovetown interesting.

I would be careful, because the city limits of Grovetown and the address are two different things. The majority of nicer areas of Grovetown are zone for Greenbrier high school in Evans, and not Grovetown. People don't usually say South Augusta has 'great schools', and the graduation rate at Cross Creek in South Augusta is higher compared to Grovetown. Some of the elementary schools in Grovetown are very good though.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:35 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,174,479 times
Yeah I was actually talking about the outside of Grovetown city limits, like you said. The part of Grovetown closer to Evans definitely has the better schools than the intercity of Grovetown and is closer in price range to Martinez. I agree about North Augusta being a great choice as well. Aiken is cool too but don't know how far the OP would like to travel. I think the others are a little closer to the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area