Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 01:41 PM

3 posts, read 27,255 times

Advertisements

hi all,
my family and i are moving to the fort gordon area in late dec. / early jan.
can anyone tell me which areas are nice and safe? i've heard about the evans area, and grovetown sounds nice...how are aiken and the martinez areas in comparison??? we were looking at some apartments in evans, and some townhomes in aiken and i wasn't sure which area was safer.

thanks for your help!
heidi
: )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2006, 10:02 AM

661 posts, read 2,896,567 times
Although Aiken is nice, I think Evans would be your best bet. It's very safe and close to the Fort. We lived there seven years and it was a wonderful area.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:29 AM

Smile thanks!!!

thanks you soooo much!
i think we will be getting base housing first but we definitely have been looking into evans!

Old 10-28-2006, 10:07 PM

1 posts, read 9,090 times
Default Also relocating to Ft Gordon

We should be moving around May. How is the base housing list? We own a house in the Tampa, FL area now, and we have to sell it before we move. We are hoping to find nice affordable housing in the Ft Gordon area.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:06 PM

5 posts, read 39,554 times
Smile House in Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffranco View Post
We should be moving around May. How is the base housing list? We own a house in the Tampa, FL area now, and we have to sell it before we move. We are hoping to find nice affordable housing in the Ft Gordon area.
We have a 4,200 square foot home in Martinez, Columbia County for lease in May 2007. Columbia Country is absolutely great. Evan HS was voted the best HS in the state of Ga for 2003. I suggest you stay in Martinez or Evans!

Old 11-21-2006, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 9,081 times
We have a 4 bd 3 bath house in Evans that we will be putting up for rent late December/early January. I would be more than happy to email you pictures if you would like lynnoliverinc@gmail.com.

Just so you know, aiken is about 25/30 minutes away from the base (that is a long way in Augusta). Evans and Grovetown are a lot closer to the base and a lot nicer than Martinez. Evans is the area where all of the development is going (brand new super Target and such). Even it you aren't interested in renting the house, I would be more than happy to answer any questions about the area you have. The base is located in a not so nice area, compared to other bases.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:44 AM

5 posts, read 20,405 times
We just PCSed from NJ and we are renting a house in Grovetown. We love it. Right now there is only 1 elementary school but the other one is supposed to be complete by Fall 07. We are about 5 minutes from Gate 2 at Ft. Gordon and about 15 minutes from the Augusta mall. I love it because if I need to retreat from the hustle and bustle I can. Our subdivision is very diverse--military, retired all ethnicities and everyone has been very friendly. Evans is nice and has excellent schools--Grovetown isn't too bad either but Richmond county is having some issues with the school system. Pre K is free in Ga. I'm not sure about the Pre K on base. If I can be of any assistance to you let me know.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:29 PM

Default martinez?

is martinez a pretty safe place to live? i found a really cute townhome there that we are thinking about renting....

Old 01-16-2007, 06:42 AM

1 posts, read 9,079 times
Default Just in Martinez, need to sing and dance

Just moved to this area and am missing singing and dancing. Does anyone have connections to music theatre or singing groups?

Old 01-24-2008, 06:40 AM

2 posts, read 8,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpowderpoof View Post
hi all,
my family and i are moving to the fort gordon area in late dec. / early jan.
can anyone tell me which areas are nice and safe? i've heard about the evans area, and grovetown sounds nice...how are aiken and the martinez areas in comparison??? we were looking at some apartments in evans, and some townhomes in aiken and i wasn't sure which area was safer.

thanks for your help!
heidi
Hi Heidi:

Welcome to Augusta. I may be able to help you. I run a property management company in Augusta. I have a home that is ready to move in to. You can view it at homesofaugusta.com. It's the 2913 Bellwood drive listing. There are pictures and a floor plan of the home. It includes a washer, dryer, dishwasher, and refrig. It's maybe 1 or 2 miles right outside of Gate 1 (maybe 4 minutes to get there). Let me know if I can be of help or if I can assist you in any way. Sincerely, Mark Mulich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area