Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 06:21 PM

614 posts, read 1,094,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichmondCtyMan View Post
Next year the mayor will for the first time since Ed McIntyre be an elected African American. (first time in consolidated gov't)... and love him or hate him, Fred is gone. This may remove some opposition (from certain political factions) to a stronger mayor/manager format, or may even negate the need for it. It is time for the city commission to move past black/white.
This post is why I think this Guy isn't a troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 08:18 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,504 posts, read 15,011,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
He's a troll and the same person has numerous screen names.. They make sure to attack my post with constant nonsense..

''Posters, please do not post any non CBD related topics in this thread.

Thank you.

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap
''

Old 04-13-2014, 09:25 PM

2,214 posts, read 3,362,928 times
I will change the Perception of Augusta

Old 04-13-2014, 10:26 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,900,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
I will change the Perception of Augusta
Honestly, it would probably be in the city's best interest and easier if it adopted the nickname Cyber Hill.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:03 AM
PJA

2,460 posts, read 3,154,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post

Go back and read earlier posts. It wasn't until AFTER he was accused of being a troll that he went and starting trying post specific info about Augusta HALF of which is outdated info that he probably looked up online and from researching old posts in the forum.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post
Honestly, it would probably be in the city's best interest and easier if it adopted the nickname Cyber Hill.
I like that better then garden city after all it will be here for along time.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
I like that better then garden city after all it will be here for along time.
The name Cyber Hill is a powerful bold name that alone would bring in top defense companies. It also says we are Augusta and leading the future of warfare and defense. Bring in a strong name like Cyber Hill, fix GRU, add in a upgraded school system and some new infrastructure and it would be extremely hard for any city to compete.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:01 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,399,455 times
If calling it Cyber Hill "alone would bring in top defense companies", why stop there? Let's call it the Land of Milk & Honey. The name has nothing to do with it...

Old 04-14-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
If calling it Cyber Hill "alone would bring in top defense companies", why stop there? Let's call it the Land of Milk & Honey. The name has nothing to do with it...
I tend to disagree, while my post was a bit of a stretch, establishing a nickname that registers easily in the heads of the average person is essential in the development of an area. For example few people outside of the south actually know where Raleigh is located and even fewer know it as the capital of North Carolina, however when you mention the Research Triangle it registers in the average persons head, this is nothing against the city of Raleigh or the region as a whole, it's just the average person could care less about where Raleigh is located, to them it's just another city but the Triangle is a different story it is the center of ground breaking research and world class institutions of higher education. Believe it or not from my travels I have encountered people who know the Masters as simply Augusta, but had no idea that Augusta was even a city in Georgia, it's just the nature of the beast, this is another reason for an argument that GRU should have been named after Augusta, however that is another argument for another time. The point is Cyber Hill is a easy and catchy name that could spread very quickly especially once the Army Cyber Command and defense contractors start doing ground breaking things and word spreads of its existence.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
To have a opinion is OK as long as it constructed but less not be sarcastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area