Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 02:55 PM

568 posts, read 698,552 times

Advertisements

And conversely, this is not my last post, because you never offer anything truthful to the Augusta forum.. You enjoy embellishing threads and commenting about nonsense for 12 (or more) straight pages...

The taxpayers are paying for the LWB improvements and being robbed of the benefit of the hotel tax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 03:07 PM

Just saw your edited 1257 comment... wow it takes a whopping 2 minutes to drive from one location to the other.. and you can walk it in 13 minutes... almost like going coast to coast...

But not to worry... I'm sure you will provide some "Hilarous" "LOL" comment

Here's my link... I know you work in innuendo but you should try realism..

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Perr...d33.464441!3e2

Old 08-30-2014, 09:56 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,912,096 times
Paine College plans furloughs, salary cuts, layoffs | Mobile Augusta

While it would be ashamed if the school were to close its door, I wonder if GRU would be interested in the property. Paine sits on a pretty nice chunk of land adjacent to GRU. I wonder what the future holds for Paine.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:28 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,175,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pu239 View Post
You may want to read the comment again... countyman referenced LW....

And where again is he comparing Laney Walker to Virginia Highlands? Looks like pics of Summerville to me.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:31 PM
PJA

Quote:
And conversely, this is not my last post, because you never offer anything truthful to the Augusta forum.. You enjoy embellishing threads and commenting about nonsense for 12 (or more) straight pages...

The taxpayers are paying for the LWB improvements and being robbed of the benefit of the hotel tax.
So you bash the laney walker area by posting pics of how bad it looks but then complain about the city fixing it up. I drove down there a few a weeks ago in the Twigs circle area and it was depressing. Abandoned shotgun houses all around...it needs to be fixed and and revitalized.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:04 AM

PJA...

I bashed the bribe that was perpetrated to pay for the LWB improvements. Apparently you, like countyman have no problem spending taxpayer money to prop up a blighted area.. that leads me to believe that you must have a vested interest in the project?

Yes, the conditions are depressing.. but why is it up to the taxpayer to prop up this neighborhood? I fully agree with the Superfund cleanup that was/is being done around the old natural gas facility and possibly that should include clean up of Southern Milling.

I guess it's ok to let norton embellish and spin any " economic release" to because he is "positive"? That's BS... why not lay the cards on the table?

Old 08-31-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
I wonder what part of Virginia Highland this part of the urban core resembles?

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.4640...zA!2e0!6m1!1e1
PJA.. this was my statement... Do you see Summerville anywhere in this?

If you follow the thread countyman made the LWB/VH comparison question...

Last edited by Pu239; 08-31-2014 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: added last statement

Old 08-31-2014, 01:34 PM
PJA

Quote:
PJA.. this was my statement... Do you see Summerville anywhere in this?

If you follow the thread countyman made the LWB/VH comparison question...
I have followed the thread and he didn't compare LWB to VH..he compared Summerville to VH.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:42 PM
PJA

Quote:
PJA...

I bashed the bribe that was perpetrated to pay for the LWB improvements. Apparently you, like countyman have no problem spending taxpayer money to prop up a blighted area.. that leads me to believe that you must have a vested interest in the project?

Yes, the conditions are depressing.. but why is it up to the taxpayer to prop up this neighborhood? I fully agree with the Superfund cleanup that was/is being done around the old natural gas facility and possibly that should include clean up of Southern Milling.

I guess it's ok to let norton embellish and spin any " economic release" to because he is "positive"? That's BS... why not lay the cards on the table?

Actually I don't have a problem with spending taxpayer's money to improve a blighted area in the city where I live. And my vested interest is that I am a taxpayer and citizen of the city and know that this project is a positive for the city. Sometimes the city has to the get the ball rolling and then the private sector will kick in which is what has started to happen with this project. Improving living conditions in the city will start to attract more people back to the city thus improving the tax base.

As far as Norton, the only thing I have said about your comments to him was that he was not comparing LWB to VH and that is because he was not. And I do agree with him that those pics he posted of Summerville and VH do resemble each other.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:55 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,098,266 times
What economic release did I spin or embellish about Laney Walker? The poster is obviously mad, because Laney Walker is attracting medical doctors and private investment..

The person doing the most complaining doesn't even know the location of the Twiggs Circle development or that Laney Walker and Bethlehem are completely two different neighborhoods...

They accused me of comparing Laney Walker and Bethlehem against Virginia Highland.. The comment makes absolutely zero sense, because Laney Walker and Bethlehem are two separate neighborhoods..

They continue to bring up ''taxpayer money'', but PLEASE find anything that says taxpayers are funding the project...

The hotel tax is paying for the improvements and not taxpayer money(general fund).... The visitors coming to Augusta every year are generating the funds.. The $2.5 million loan will be repaid using the hotel tax...

None of my friends or associates(local taxpayers) live at the Sheraton, Double Tree, Marriotts, Homewood Suites, Home2Suites, Residence Inn by Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn, etc...

Last edited by nortonguy; 08-31-2014 at 02:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area