Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2014, 02:19 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,094,973 times

Advertisements

''The fees generated from the hotel/motel tax bring in about $750,000 a year for the Laney Walker/Bethlehem revitalization effort.''
FAQs | Laney Walker / Bethlehem

The same person continues to use the phrase 'taxpayer' money though... Even after I've repeatedly told him the hotel fee is generating the funds..

I'm only responding, because some people may actually believe the false comments repeated on here..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 03:14 PM

568 posts, read 698,385 times
And as I've responded numerous times... If the LWB bribe were not being paid, the Hotel Fees could be going into the general fund.

You know the general fund that the now includes an exorbitant tax increase? Without any increase in services?

Now tell me who is making the false comments?

Old 08-31-2014, 03:36 PM

PJA..

If you agree with the LWB bribe, that is your prerogative and I accept that, I do not agree with the funding and that is my prerogative, I don't require your approval to state my opinion(s.) Just as countyman is free to post his opinion and does not require my approval.

This is my last post on countyman's Summerville/VH comparison, I did not disagree that photos had a similar appearance, I followed the comparison with a Google maps photo of the Southern Milling Site and asked what part of VH did this resemble... countyman then proceeded with a snarky comment that we were not talking about LWB and proceed to tell me how wonderful everything was in LWB and Twiggs developments, I then asked who would want to live next to a burnt out dilapidated mill? countyman then proceeded to tell me Southern Milling was not near either of these developments... I then posted driving directions that showed Southern Milling is 2 miuntes away from Twiggs Circle via car..

All of this is in the previous posts and if you choose to defend countyman's comments, again that is your prerogative... yet it leads me to the point that I will not sway your opinion, nor will if change my opinion on this subject.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:53 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,174,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pu239 View Post
PJA..

If you agree with the LWB bribe, that is your prerogative and I accept that, I do not agree with the funding and that is my prerogative, I don't require your approval to state my opinion(s.) Just as countyman is free to post his opinion and does not require my approval.

This is my last post on countyman's Summerville/VH comparison, I did not disagree that photos had a similar appearance, I followed the comparison with a Google maps photo of the Southern Milling Site and asked what part of VH did this resemble... countyman then proceeded with a snarky comment that we were not talking about LWB and proceed to tell me how wonderful everything was in LWB and Twiggs developments, I then asked who would want to live next to a burnt out dilapidated mill? countyman then proceeded to tell me Southern Milling was not near either of these developments... I then posted driving directions that showed Southern Milling is 2 miuntes away from Twiggs Circle via car..

All of this is in the previous posts and if you choose to defend countyman's comments, again that is your prerogative... yet it leads me to the point that I will not sway your opinion, nor will if change my opinion on this subject.
Who said you needed my approval to state your opinion??? I said nothing about your opinions. My first response to you in this thread was in reference to the "fact" that Norton was comparing Summerville to VH and not LWB. You are free to have all the opinions you want...but lets not lie about the facts.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:16 PM

Can you point out the supposed lie?

I have already posted my comment asking if Southern Milling resembled anything in VH, you keep beleaguering the point that I tried to link Southern Milling to Summerville and I have not.

If you have a post to quote please quote it... else I would appreciate that you not imply that I have lied...

Old 08-31-2014, 04:34 PM
PJA

Quote:
Can you point out the supposed lie?

I have already posted my comment asking if Southern Milling resembled anything in VH, you keep beleaguering the point that I tried to link Southern Milling to Summerville and I have not.

If you have a post to quote please quote it... else I would appreciate that you not imply that I have lied...
First Norton posts pics of Summerville and VH and then you respond posting a pic of Laney Walker (not saying that's what it was btw leading a reasonable person to believe either you thought that was part of Summerville as well or you were attempting to make others think that was part of Summerville.) and asking what part does that resemble. What was the point of you posting a pic of LWB in response to his pic if you didn't think that was part of Summerville? That would be the equivalent of me posting pics
of Savannah and comparing it to Charleston and then you returning with pics from Athens (and not saying they are from Athens) and then saying well what part of Charleston does this resemble, thus making it appear that those pics were from Savannah as well even though they were not.

I still don't even believe you are from Augusta and personally I believe you thought that pic was in Summerville because google maps will sometimes show you pics of other areas and you clicked on it and shared what you thought was a pic of Summerville.

Frankly if you're not actually a troll and this is your real account, then you are just as bad as nort because if you really did know that pic was from LWB then you were posting that pic to try to stir up some drama and poke at nort (just like others do on the Augusta Chronicle site and they look just as bad if not worse than him IMO).

Old 08-31-2014, 04:59 PM

Well you are wrong.. I've lived here most of my life and have been back here since 1972...

Frankly, I don't care what you believe.. I've most likely lived here longer than you have been alive.

Perhaps you should read for comprehension and not jump to conclusions? Did you not read the question as to how the photo of the Urban Core relates to VH? Do you really consider Summerville as part of the Urban Core????

Now we seem to be getting to the meat of this conversation.. I believe nortonguy is a paid hack and wouldn't know the truth if it slapped him between the eyes... you don't like what I have to say.. they maybe you are averse to the truth also.

So anyone that disagrees with your hero is a troll? (SMH) You seem to be as much of the problem as countyman...

Old 08-31-2014, 05:27 PM
PJA

Quote:
Well you are wrong.. I've lived here most of my life and have been back here since 1972...

Frankly, I don't care what you believe.. I've most likely lived here longer than you have been alive.

Perhaps you should read for comprehension and not jump to conclusions? Did you not read the question as to how the photo of the Urban Core relates to VH? Do you really consider Summerville as part of the Urban Core????

Now we seem to be getting to the meat of this conversation.. I believe nortonguy is a paid hack and wouldn't know the truth if it slapped him between the eyes... you don't like what I have to say.. they maybe you are averse to the truth also.

So anyone that disagrees with your hero is a troll? (SMH) You seem to be as much of the problem as countyman...
Firistly, I guess I'm a troll too since I have disagreed with nort many times. Me calling you a troll has nothing to do with you disagreeing with nort but your posts especially the ones when you first joined.

Secondly,What does Summerville being part of the Urban core have to do with whether or not it resembles VH?

Lastly, what was the point of you posting a pic of ANOTHER area in response to him comparing Summerville to VH?

Old 08-31-2014, 05:54 PM

One more try....

Again, frankly I could care less if you think me a troll or not. I have challenged countyman here and elsewhere due to embellishments and attitude. Yes, I make it a point to challenge countyman on each inaccuracy and embellishment.

Second, countyman posts pictures of VH and Summerville and notes the similarities, I did not challenge that as is it is accurate. We had an exchange on the AC boards regarding LWB and or Twiggs, I then posted here, what part of VH did the burnt out Southern Milling (Urban Core) look like.. you can't seem to grasp this... it was a different point of reference.

Yes, I did post a picture of Southern Milling and ask what part of VH did this resemble.. no mention of Summerville... Yes that was a challenge to countyman on another snarky comment(s)... It's not really that difficult to understand.

Lastly, as long as countyman continues to post embellishments and inaccuracies, there is a good chance those posts will see a rebuttal.

Last edited by Pu239; 08-31-2014 at 06:06 PM..

Old 08-31-2014, 06:28 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,386,175 times
Cry babies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area