Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:52 PM

100 posts, read 425,172 times

Advertisements

There are many mixed race couples here, majority though are military. There are sex offenders in both counties, You can check out these websites.

Augusta/Richmond County

Sheriff's Office - Offender List (http://www.augustaga.gov/departments/sheriffs_office/registry_offenders.asp - broken link)

Columbia County

Columbia County : Sex Offenders

Just like any city Augusta has its issues. Unfortunately some are pretty dumb and petty. But hopefully it will get better in my lifetime.

Grovetown area is rapidly growing LOTS and LOTS of new construction and neighborhoods going up. And its predominately military.

Here you can check out local real estate in the MLS

Main

Good luck! and welcome to Augusta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 10:00 PM

78 posts, read 99,816 times
There are alot of mixed race couples in augusta. Especially involving black and white couples. Most young people won't have a problem with it. Some of the older generation may look but they want say anything out loud. You will have no problem being in a interracial marriage living in hephzibah.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,833 times
Default maybe moving to the area

I have been very seriously considering moving to the area and would like to know what the job market is like in the area. My work back ground is Payroll and Benefits Adninistrator that has also served in many other areas of a large company from customer service to dispatch and accident investigation. is there much chance of finding a job that i can make a living on in the area? I also would like to know if the rentals in the area are in safe areas and reasonably priced.

I do appreciate any input that you may have to keep me from moving to the wrong area where I have to worry about my 14 year old son.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:46 PM

6 posts, read 3,910 times
More than likely you will have to work in Augusta. Hephzibah is located in richmond county already. Its just a seperate city away from augusta. Im sure you can find a job in augusta rarely quickly. Or in a surrounding county such as columbia, mcduffie, aiken, or burke.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:10 PM

17 posts, read 22,540 times
Default Hephzibah has a part closer to augusta and a part thats a rural city.

There are alot of new homes that cost over 250,000 and up. Some are in the city of hephzibah and some are not but still have a hephzibah address.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:54 PM

3 posts, read 5,543 times
Who would want to move to Ga? I call it the drama state. nothing to do. people talk about each other. It's so dead you can't even buy alcohol on sunday. if you like the backwoods. with dirt roads. go for it. maybe some day they can learn how to spell the word dog right. DAWG? lol.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:55 PM

3 posts, read 5,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfromjaxx View Post
Who would want to move to Ga? I call it the drama state. nothing to do. people talk about each other. It's so dead you can't even buy alcohol on sunday. if you like the backwoods. with dirt roads. go for it. maybe some day they can learn how to spell the word dog right. DAWG? lol.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:22 AM

337 posts, read 793,722 times
Impressive...Quoting yourself!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area