Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 02:48 PM
PJA PJA started this thread

2,460 posts, read 3,153,139 times

Advertisements

Multi-million water park to be built near Grovetown | The Augusta Chronicle

Should do well since there has been such a huge demand for this since Krystal River Water Park closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 03:29 PM

153 posts, read 272,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Multi-million water park to be built near Grovetown | The Augusta Chronicle

Should do well since there has been such a huge demand for this since Krystal River Water Park closed.
This is great new for the Augusta area. Now Augustans won't have to travel to statesboro for a water park.
There will be 20 slides, a wave pool, lazy river and children's play area. The park will also include four restaurants and room for some retail stores. According to lights of the south, it will be 21 times the side of Splash in the Boro.

Colored picture

Old 09-19-2014, 08:43 PM

153 posts, read 272,724 times
It will also have the largest wave pool in Georgia at 55,000 sqft . Slides will be on the range of about 10 stories tall tall. IF this is built, it would be nice.

Last edited by CenHigh05; 09-19-2014 at 09:53 PM..

Old 09-20-2014, 08:26 PM

22 posts, read 25,553 times
I'm very interested as to how they will set up any extra road access to this site. I also want to know how they will change the layout of LOS, seeing as how they will be giving up some of their original site to the new water park.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:01 PM

Developers of proposed water park near Grovetown seek to postpone rezoning | The Augusta Chronicle

Its odd, with the way that CC has been approving all of these residential developments over the last couple of decades, they didn't seem all that concerned with infrastructure. Maybe he hasn't greased the right palms LOL

And I bet they're going to let Mullins rezone the land for Phase 2 of his project (if they haven't already) even though Washington Rd doesn't need anymore traffic....yet they are concerned about infrastructure.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:06 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,500,455 times
Possibly.. or he will be forced to grant free seasons passes to all the friends and families of the commissioners and to other "prominent people" . However, without an interchange at Lewiston Rd, I do see some major issues with traffic and access. But this is something Columbia County should have been addressing before now. They are allowing all of these residential and commercial developments to spring up without updating the roads. William Few Pky is a nightmare. There is not even a traffic light at Chamblin Rd. Just poor planning all the way around. Until I20 gets a coupl more exits between Grovetown and Appling exits, I just do not see how the growth can continue to sustain itself.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
Possibly.. or he will be forced to grant free seasons passes to all the friends and families of the commissioners and to other "prominent people" . However, without an interchange at Lewiston Rd, I do see some major issues with traffic and access. But this is something Columbia County should have been addressing before now. They are allowing all of these residential and commercial developments to spring up without updating the roads. William Few Pky is a nightmare. There is not even a traffic light at Chamblin Rd. Just poor planning all the way around. Until I20 gets a coupl more exits between Grovetown and Appling exits, I just do not see how the growth can continue to sustain itself.
ITA! And the problem isn't going to get any better as apparently there are other subdivisions that have been recently approved that probably should have been denied. And they definitely need an exit at Louisville Rd and the upgrade at 20 and Lewiston can't happen fast enough.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:38 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,500,455 times
There needs to be an interchange at Baker Place and Lewiston Rds

Old 03-07-2015, 04:49 PM

515 posts, read 626,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenites View Post
Looks like a no go right now,,
Some type of decision is supposed to be made in April. If it is approved, I seriously doubt that it would be able to open in May like the developer originally planned.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:43 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,398,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnd33 View Post
Some type of decision is supposed to be made in April. If it is approved, I seriously doubt that it would be able to open in May like the developer originally planned.
Even if it were approved today, there's no way they'd be fully operational by Memorial Day. Way too much work to be done--not including the slides/attractions--to be fully open by that time this year. I would hate for them to rush it, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area