Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 08:32 PM

33 posts, read 103,978 times

Advertisements

We are a young couple considering moving to Riverwood Plantation from New Jersey. We have two kindergarten age boys and wonder if there is anyone from Riverwood Plantation on here? Can you tell us your thoughts on the elementary school? on kids in the 3-6 yr old age range? My wife worries about our kids having friends their own age, and to some extent us making friends our own age as well. We have family nearby but they're in a retirement community. I guess we just need some reassurance that we're looking in, and picking the right community to settle in. We come from a super friendly neighborhood in NJ and I guess we're both nervous about a new area away from all we've ever known.
Thanks in advance, for any and all replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 09:44 PM

998 posts, read 1,545,060 times
All of your worries will quickly go away if you move into this neighborhood… good schools, kids all over the place and those kids have parents. My mom taught at Greenbrier Middle which is in the neighborhood and I worked for a period of time at Champions Retreat and often dealt with the surrounding neighborhoods you'd be living in, it's a highly desirable area to live in.

I don't know your price range, but look around a little bit too… if you're considering Riverwood… West Lake, Jones Creek, Sumter Landing, River Island, Northwood and Knob Hill among others I feel would also compare to Riverwood.

Welcome to the area.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,445 times
Thank you tckr83- that is very helpful.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:48 AM

2 posts, read 3,392 times
Study indicates county poised for growth in retirees | Columbia County News-Times From Ramsy NJ

Jim & Nancy Duffy ..do you Facebook?

Old 12-12-2014, 10:50 AM

2 posts, read 3,392 times
Default do you Facebook?

Hi!

Study indicates county poised for growth in retirees | Columbia County News-Times

Jim & Nancy Duffy (Ramsey, Woodcliff lake, Upper Saddle river)

Old 05-06-2015, 05:09 PM

38 posts, read 41,262 times
Hello! We are looking at Riverwood vs. Flowers Plantation. Any advice? We have elementary kids and my hubby and I want friends that like to socialize. Thanks!

Old 05-07-2015, 10:59 AM

33 posts, read 103,978 times
Okay, so here's my recap. We bought in Riverwood and absolutely love it. This was the best choice for us. We got a great home builder, who built us a really beautiful home. The kids like school, we are beginning to meet other new neighbors as the weather warms and people spend more time outside. Friends who've visited us have also begun looking for new homes here too, so hopefully we can get some people from our old neighborhood to move here. So far There is nothing I don't like about riverwood plantation. If you think of anything, ask away.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:13 PM

4 posts, read 6,892 times
Can you tell me anything about the HOA fees? Do they cover the use of the community pool?
Also, how is traffic in the morning? I've heard horror stories and wonder if that is accurate.
Finally, how do the homes do for Master's Rentals? Are they just too far away to rent for a decent amount?
Thanks in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area