U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 07:13 PM

6,218 posts, read 5,039,164 times

Advertisements

I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but I truly believe either Trader Joe's or Sprouts Farmers Market will come to this development. As for the clothing store, I think either J. Crew or Anthropolgie could come. Also it seems the size for phase two has been increased from 200,000 to 500,000 sq. ft.
Quote:
Joe Mullins, who is developing the family-owned property with brother Frank, said he anticipates that two of the three anchor tenants will sign leases this fall and a formal announcement should occur by late September. He expects construction of the projected 500,000-square-foot center to begin later this year, with stores open 12 to 18 months later.
“We’re making this second one more of a destination point,” Mullins said. “When you’re able to pull in Mullins Crossing, you’ll be able to get everything you need and not have to go to another center. That’s what we’re balancing out right now.”
Upscale grocer, clothing retailer being sought as anchor tenants of new Mullins Crossing phase | The Augusta Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 11:33 PM

370 posts, read 247,995 times
Well if not Sprouts or Trader Joes the only other option I can see is if maybe Fresh Market decides to move from their current location and I could kinda actually see them doing it to because right now they are facing stiff competition from Publix, Whole Foods and Krogers all together over there not to mention Lidl is coming into that area to so getting out of there might be a good idea for them.
True they will probably lose some long term customers but you got to do what you got to do to survive.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:27 AM

6,218 posts, read 5,039,164 times
I don't see Fresh Market leaving their current location, plus considering the fact that Mullins wants this to be a destination place. Not many people would get excited about Fresh Market relocating just up the road. To make Mullins Crossing phase 2 a destination, you need to bring in new retailers to the market. A Trader Joe's or Sprouts would help make it a destination. Also as far as restaurants, I could see Chipotle and Buffalo Wild Wings coming to this development as well.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:08 AM

104 posts, read 69,101 times
I don't see that happening because they still get a lot of people cause a lot of people go to more than one grocery store and I think Mullins crossing want a grocery store new to the area

Old 08-18-2015, 09:31 AM
PJA

2,383 posts, read 2,466,755 times
Not to mention they just went through a major renovation and expansion a couple of years ago so I really don't See Fresh Market moving.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:12 PM

1,028 posts, read 951,386 times
I don't see Buffalo Wild Wings going there either. We already have one in MUCH closer proximity than they ever build multiple locations (see Atlanta and Columbia for examples).

Wouldn't mind seeing a Beef O'Brady's. The one in Aiken was really popular until the owners decided it was too much for them to keep up with.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:22 PM
PJA

2,383 posts, read 2,466,755 times
Maybe they will bring back TGI Fridays. I prefer them over places like Applebees and Chilis.

Now they are probably going for national chains, but I wouldn't mind another good local seafood restaurant. The ones here lately have been slowly going down in quality.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:15 AM

1,028 posts, read 951,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Now they are probably going for national chains, but I wouldn't mind another good local seafood restaurant. The ones here lately have been slowly going down in quality.
Might want to check out DeShawn's Seafood in North Augusta if you haven't yet. I'm not a seafood guy, so I haven't myself, but the parking lot is always full to overflow when they're open. I've heard rave reviews. It's in the former Al's Family Restaurant building next door to BBQ Barn on Atomic Rd, just off Martintown.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:33 AM

19,952 posts, read 18,716,069 times
"Mullins Crossing II." (Collett)

Two site plans for Mullins Crossing II exist. The site plan on the first two pages is different than the site plan on page four. Considering both plans, the targeted high end grocer could be 20,000 to 35,000 square feet, feasible for The Fresh Market or Trader Joe's.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:25 AM

370 posts, read 247,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
I don't see Fresh Market leaving their current location, plus considering the fact that Mullins wants this to be a destination place. Not many people would get excited about Fresh Market relocating just up the road. To make Mullins Crossing phase 2 a destination, you need to bring in new retailers to the market. A Trader Joe's or Sprouts would help make it a destination. Also as far as restaurants, I could see Chipotle and Buffalo Wild Wings coming to this development as well.
I didnt say that they would leave though just that I could see them doing it since they are almost the only other grocery store I can picture moving into there if Sprouts or Traders Joes doesnt come in because the fact is there are not alot of upscale grocery stores in the this part of the country.
And their remodel was about 6 ago or so and since then Whole Foods has opened up nearby and Lidls is coming so they might want to consider moving in 1 to 2 years which is probably how long it would take to build at Mullins.
Oh and my hope would be for a Chipotle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or