Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 11:07 AM

6 posts, read 7,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastclevelandguy View Post
Got got this service installed and its blazing fast and a sweet deal for $115 a month. 80 a month if you only want 300mbps.
Looks like it's not available in most of the Canterbury Farms area yet.. unfortunately. Hopefully soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 09:51 PM

423 posts, read 447,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrikz View Post
Looks like it's not available in most of the Canterbury Farms area yet.. unfortunately. Hopefully soon.
Given the history that AT&T has shown with its deployment of its Uverse service I wouldnt be willing to wager any money on them actually doing that in a timely manner if ever.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:36 AM

6 posts, read 7,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cst8670 View Post
Given the history that AT&T has shown with its deployment of its Uverse service I wouldnt be willing to wager any money on them actually doing that in a timely manner if ever.
One of the brand new subdivisions that was just built in the past 3-6 months, directly behind mine apparently has it, guy was telling me he has around 100MB connection through AT&T along with all TV channels, a good deal cheaper than comcast.

I just want some competition to comcast.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:25 AM

423 posts, read 447,365 times
Quote:
One of the brand new subdivisions that was just built in the past 3-6 months, directly behind mine apparently has it, guy was telling me he has around 100MB connection through AT&T along with all TV channels, a good deal cheaper than comcast.

Sadly though that doesnt mean they will deploy it to you, we cannot get Wow into our subdivisions for example even though I could literally throw a stone to where their main line runs out on the main road from our house.
Thankfully I have uverse service but they still dont have the TV option for the service and they probably never will which is why I will probably be switching services to the new 1000mb company thats coming in after being with the same provider since 1996.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:52 PM

220 posts, read 217,655 times
Quote:

100 MB is regular Verse, the Gigapower Team only does 300mbps and 1gb. There fiber pop in in my front yard and everyone in my subdivision is getting so I have talked to then quite a bit. They wont be offering the Uverse TV service to new customers as they are being told to push DirecTv. If you developer laid fiber in your neighborhood then you may be on the list. It was a surprise to all of us, I just moved in and had been without internet for about a month as was causing hell with my home builder and developers then I got an email saying Gigapower was available I signed up for the service and it spread like wildfire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area