U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 03:04 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,284 posts, read 12,291,917 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: .

Lol, you don't even have to respond because he won't never admit it.. It's also going to be hard to debate against somebody who said it's Costco and a movie theater. When it's Costco, Cabelas, and the movie theater. The movie theater is also the first one in the CSRA with a bar, full-service restaurant, recliner seats in every room, GTX and 3D in the same theater, etc.

Last edited by yellowbelle; 12-24-2015 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: orphaned - quoted post has been deleted

Old 12-26-2015, 07:50 PM

611 posts, read 879,472 times
I haven't been to the new theater, yet. I will do so as soon as I'm back in town, maybe. There is a AMC in Morrow that has a full bar and I have been to that theater plenty of times, even though I'm not far from Tinseltown and Cinemark in Fayette. The drinks are just too darn expensive. Everything is expensive. But, I love it. Being able to get alcohol and a meal at a theater isn't going to appeal to some folks. Though it's different, I don't think it's a destination. Cabela's is the destination and you hope the folks that shop there stop, get a drink and catch a movie. Can Augusta support this theater? Only time will tell.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:33 PM

1,028 posts, read 953,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Moderator cut: .

Lol, you don't even have to respond because he won't never admit it.. It's also going to be hard to debate against somebody who said it's Costco and a movie theater. When it's Costco, Cabelas, and the movie theater. The movie theater is also the first one in the CSRA with a bar, full-service restaurant, recliner seats in every room, GTX and 3D in the same theater, etc.
Fact check: GTX and 3D are not in the same theater. You cannot go see a 3D movie in the GTX theater.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
I haven't been to the new theater, yet. I will do so as soon as I'm back in town, maybe. There is a AMC in Morrow that has a full bar and I have been to that theater plenty of times, even though I'm not far from Tinseltown and Cinemark in Fayette. The drinks are just too darn expensive. Everything is expensive. But, I love it. Being able to get alcohol and a meal at a theater isn't going to appeal to some folks. Though it's different, I don't think it's a destination. Cabela's is the destination and you hope the folks that shop there stop, get a drink and catch a movie. Can Augusta support this theater? Only time will tell.
Dining *in* the theater, where your food is brought to you in the movie, you have a call button for service, etc. THAT will bring people to the new theater...even from quite a distance. The recliners are a good draw, as is the GTX experience. But true in-theater dining is the game changer that is needed. Being able to get Applebees-like food (not my description; theater management once described it that way) for a higher cost than actually just going to Applebees, just for the convenience of eating it in the lobby or carrying it in to your seat, isn't something that will draw additional folks. I know this because it doesn't appeal to me or my friends, and we are the demographic they're going for. I'll go because the seats are awesome, and I might pay for the GTX version of a movie once or twice. But until you can order from your seat and get service that way, the whole restaurant thing isn't appealing at all. The only way it will be is if the food is cheaper than the alternatives all within a couple miles, and I'm pretty sure they won't be since it's a movie theater.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:14 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,284 posts, read 12,291,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
Fact check: GTX and 3D are not in the same theater. You cannot go see a 3D movie in the GTX theater.
This is HILARIOUS..... I just told you a few days ago that 3D and GTX can't be seen in the same auditorium and now you trying to do a 'fact check' about my post LOL... I can't believe you would actually get on here and try to portray you knew GTX and 3D couldn't be seen in the same auditorium beforehand.

This has to be the funniest thing in the history of city data.. I made sure to use the word theater to indicate I was referencing the entire movie theater and not one single auditorium inside the theater. I don't even no why you would assume I meant in the same auditorium when I corrected you only a few days ago. This is not even reaching for straws, but more like pure desperation.

Quote:
I'm also curious about those recliner seats. If you went to the Masters 7 theater in the past few months they had a "sample" seat in the lobby saying this is what the seating at the new theater would be like. But now, according to news reports, it appears that's only in the (I'm sure) much more expensive GTX auditorium. Regular tickets are $12 (I believe Regal is still $11.50), with the GTX screen costing an additional $4 and 3D adding another $3. So you're $19 a ticket for a 3D movie in the GTX auditorium. This is getting ridiculous.

Quote:
Tickets can now be purchased..
https://www.gtcmovies.com/

Please go to the Riverwatch Cinemas facebook page if you have any questions and don't rely on the information posted on here.. The restaurant and bar won't be open until later and their totally separate from the normal concession stand which is open. The GTX auditorium doesn't show movies in 3D.
https://www.facebook.com/Riverwatch-...eline&app_data

Old 12-29-2015, 11:10 PM

192 posts, read 106,017 times
Quote:
Dining *in* the theater, where your food is brought to you in the movie, you have a call button for service, etc. THAT will bring people to the new theater...even from quite a distance. The recliners are a good draw, as is the GTX experience. But true in-theater dining is the game changer that is needed. Being able to get Applebees-like food (not my description; theater management once described it that way) for a higher cost than actually just going to Applebees, just for the convenience of eating it in the lobby or carrying it in to your seat, isn't something that will draw additional folks. I know this because it doesn't appeal to me or my friends, and we are the demographic they're going for. I'll go because the seats are awesome, and I might pay for the GTX version of a movie once or twice. But until you can order from your seat and get service that way, the whole restaurant thing isn't appealing at all. The only way it will be is if the food is cheaper than the alternatives all within a couple miles, and I'm pretty sure they won't be since it's a movie theater.
That statement sums it up.

This new theater is something that will be a one time thing for most in the area. Then after they see what it's all about they will frequent it only when it becomes convenient (i.e. closer to where they happen to be / more convenient showtime ect.) the only way it will become a destination people are willing to go out of their way for is if they truly have a 'dine in' theater. Right now it's just the latest shiny gadget people are infatuated with until the next 'revolutionary' thing in the CSRA comes around.

Old 12-30-2015, 02:42 AM

104 posts, read 69,212 times
@ keatkeat_ and @gru_minion Did y'all not read the article when it said if the restaurant does good they will add in theater call buttons.so your food can be delivered to you in the theater.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:06 AM

192 posts, read 106,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All In for Augusta View Post
@ keatkeat_ and @gru_minion Did y'all not read the article when it said if the restaurant does good they will add in theater call buttons.so your food can be delivered to you in the theater.
No, I know about that. But I just think it was a mistake to hold off on doing that. People get bored quickly and the restaurant idea isn't that exciting without the call buttons so I think they shot themselves in the foot.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:19 AM

567 posts, read 523,688 times
Alex... I'll take Who said The movie theater is also the first one in the CSRA with a bar, full-service restaurant, recliner seats in every room, GTX and 3D in the same theater, etc for $100

Old 12-30-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
This is HILARIOUS..... I just told you a few days ago that 3D and GTX can't be seen in the same auditorium and now you trying to do a 'fact check' about my post LOL... I can't believe you would actually get on here and try to portray you knew GTX and 3D couldn't be seen in the same auditorium beforehand.

This has to be the funniest thing in the history of city data.. I made sure to use the word theater to indicate I was referencing the entire movie theater and not one single auditorium inside the theater. I don't even no why you would assume I meant in the same auditorium when I corrected you only a few days ago. This is not even reaching for straws, but more like pure desperation.
Yes, and I quoted what you JUST said, which sounded as if you had a lapse in memory. There is nothing hilarious about any of this. "Funniest thing in the history of City Data"... I don't "no" about anyone else, but your sense of humor is certainly questionable. I'm not desperate in any way. You seem to be the one always reaching and inserting unrelated comments into the discussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All In for Augusta View Post
I'm well aware of that. The point I was making still stands. The hype that was built up around it having in-theater dining (both by the theater group and by the ARC cheerleader in here) led to a major letdown to anyone who was looking forward to what they made it out to be. Myself and my demographic aren't interested in paying extra premium prices for what amounts to bar food so we can carry it into the theater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or