Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 03:54 PM

14 posts, read 15,880 times

Advertisements

My wife and I moved here in April. We have been actively looking for our right home now for 5 months and have yet to find the right one for us. We have been renting these past months, still searching for our forever home here. We have literally looked at over 60 homes and have seen everything that is currently posted on MLS online within a 15 mile radius of zip code 29829. We are working with a realtor already- but that only helps us look at active MLS listings.. I am posting this in hope maybe one of you has a home out there that you are thinking about putting on the market, that you haven’t done yet and that fits what we are looking for! A win/win!? It's worth a shot? I actively seek every day for the right home on many sites and have yet to find it!! Here is what we are looking for:

1.) Must be in Aiken County... prefer North Augusta, then Graniteville, then southern part of Aiken... near Graniteville. We are not interested in living in Georgia, or anywhere else besides these places above. My wife works in Aiken near the hospital, but we are always downtown Augusta, so North Augusta / Graniteville is where we really feel is home!

2.) A new(er) home... no older than 15-20 years. Prefer something built within the past 10 years or so, but if updated and a newer roof, HVAC is installed, we are still interested if everything else is a hit. We are NOT interested in a 1960's house....

3.) Must be ATLEAST 3 bedrooms, with an bonus room, or 4 bedrooms. We want to have kids soon and will need the space, as this next house is our forever home. Anything less then a 3+bonus, or a 4bedroom is a deal breaker.

5.) Land / Covenants... I'm from the country, so I cannot be on top of other houses!! I need a MINIMUM of a half-acre of land. I also want to build a detached garage (if there is not one already) for a few antique automobiles I have and a motorcycle. I CANNOT be in a subdivision that does not allow outbuildings, and other laws such as and crazy covenants that doesn’t allot you to do little things without written permission. I can’t be part of a subdivision with crazy laws!

If you have something like this, you would consider selling, contact me, as I would love to hear from you. Reply to this message, or send me a PM. Maybe you have what we are looking for and were thinking about putting your home on the market--?? We are looking in the price range from anywhere from $175k-325k for the RIGHT house.... Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 05:06 PM

21,003 posts, read 26,983,613 times
Aiken County is in South Carolina, not in Georgia. You will get more responses in the "South Carolina" forum.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:10 PM

The nearest SC spot is in Columbia. We are looking on the NORTH AUGUSTA side of SC, just across the river from Augusta, GA. Most people use this form for Aiken County. Thanks!

Old 09-20-2016, 05:15 PM

Are you interested in North Augusta, South Carolina, or northern Augusta-Richmond County, Georgia?

Old 09-20-2016, 05:16 PM

Aiken County, SC.... North Augusta, Graniteville--- area

Old 09-20-2016, 05:49 PM

Do check the "South Carolina" forum if possible. It has several threads on Aiken, North Augusta, Graniteville, and Aiken County.

Graniteville, Warrenville, Mixville, and Langley are mill towns. Many houses in those neighborhoods were built before or in the 1960's. The area between Clearwater and Belvedere should have newer constructed houses.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:36 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,398,869 times
This is the more applicable group for this particular area, IMO.

Have you considered building something? Obviously that would set you back a good many months longer, but finding something built in the last 10 years in Aiken county that's *not* in a subdivision is a tall order. Many homes that would fit that description are also "forever homes" built by the occupant. Even the middle range of your budget for what you're looking for should be easily doable when it comes to building in this area. The top end of your budget would get you quite the spacious custom home on a fair amount of land as well. Just a thought. Maybe that's not something you're interested in.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:46 AM

^
Thanks. We have considered building...but then again, very hesitant because I built a home in Tennessee 5 years ago, before we knew we were moving and I had a horrible experience with the builders. Not only did I have to babysit the builders practically every day, but there were 22 code violations by the time the building process was done and was in a 2 year lawsuit over the house to repair the errors. It was a nightmare! Therefore, I am extremely hesitant. Crossing our fingers for the "right" home that fits our needs.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:14 AM
PJA

2,460 posts, read 3,153,139 times
Have you tried any of the subdivisions off of Augusta-Aiken hwy between north Augusta and graniteville? Also I recall seeing a couple of newer subdivisions being built on pine log road but closer to the Clearwater beech island area so not as far as Aiken. You may want to ride around out hat way. It's also still very rural and quiet in that area.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:57 AM

Yes. I think maybe you are thinking of Greg's Mill & Horse Creek. Both have many covenants/restrictions in that area, which I wouldn't be able to build a detached garage. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area