Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 03:17 PM

2,214 posts, read 3,362,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_4_augusta View Post
Yes, I recall that information as well about the judicial center being 20 stories! I didn't know about the Wells Fargo building however. So, what is proposed at the old train depot space? I tried to do some research but couldn't find anything. Where is Norton Guy or Eastside Dave when we need them? Lol
Yeah they are the original.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 05:43 PM

998 posts, read 1,539,738 times
Quote:
Yes, I recall that information as well about the judicial center being 20 stories! I didn't know about the Wells Fargo building however. So, what is proposed at the old train depot space? I tried to do some research but couldn't find anything. Where is Norton Guy or Eastside Dave when we need them? Lol
Nothing proposed yet, at least publicly. Supposed to be an announcement this month I believe with more details about the ''game changer'' of a development... as Commissioner Frantom called the project.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:04 AM

180 posts, read 157,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
Yeah they are the original.
Yeah I had to take it wayyy back lol!!

Old 01-08-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckr83 View Post
Nothing proposed yet, at least publicly. Supposed to be an announcement this month I believe with more details about the ''game changer'' of a development... as Commissioner Frantom called the project.
Hmmm. Well you know how unfulfilling "game changers" can be here in Georgia, especially in Augusta. Let's hope the train depot gives us something taller than 5 stories and a grocery store. I remember years ago that development was to be 19 story residential towers, not too sure what happened with that development. The good thing is that it is not much land, so the only or "best" option as a means to maximize space would be to go vertical. Let's keep our fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for a major announcement soon.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:07 AM

6,479 posts, read 7,116,017 times
Quote:
Hmmm. Well you know how unfulfilling "game changers" can be here in Georgia, especially in Augusta. Let's hope the train depot gives us something taller than 5 stories and a grocery store. I remember years ago that development was to be 19 story residential towers, not too sure what happened with that development. The good thing is that it is not much land, so the only or "best" option as a means to maximize space would be to go vertical. Let's keep our fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for a major announcement soon.
From what I remember Damon Cline in his weekly business column last month said an announcement could come as early as February. Its suppose to be a developer out of Birmingham developing the site. I agree with you about the developer having to go vertical. The site is only 6 acres so I believe it will be over 10 stories. IMO, Augusta is overdue for something in the 15-20 story range. Maybe we could see a new tallest for Augusta.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:13 PM

212 posts, read 237,127 times
So glad we are finally discussing the expansion of the skyline. I could definitely see Augusta having a skyline like Knoxville. I'd love to see some more high-rise buildings on Lower Broad, and hopefully eventually extending to Upper Broad. I could definitely see some mixed-use Office and Residential buildings being built, maybe even 30 stories

Quote:
First Union building for sale | chronicle.augusta.com

Old 01-08-2017, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke2401 View Post
So glad we are finally discussing the expansion of the skyline. I could definitely see Augusta having a skyline like Knoxville. I'd love to see some more high-rise buildings on Lower Broad, and hopefully eventually extending to Upper Broad. I could definitely see some mixed-use Office and Residential buildings being built, maybe even 30 stories

First Union building for sale | chronicle.augusta.com
Knoxville is nice, but right now I'd settle for Raleigh-Durham! We just need height lol!

Old 01-09-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Knoxville is nice, but right now I'd settle for Raleigh-Durham! We just need height lol!
I bet they could build three 400-foot buildings and put in offices and apartments, and things would work out

Old 01-09-2017, 10:22 AM

I personally wish someone would buy the Woolworth building, raze it (even though all the historical preservation groups would pitch a fit), and put in a high-rise. It's a good spot.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:35 AM

6,479 posts, read 7,116,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke2401 View Post
I personally wish someone would buy the Woolworth building, raze it (even though all the historical preservation groups would pitch a fit), and put in a high-rise. It's a good spot.
The Woolworth Building is being renovated as part of the Augusta Innovation Zone. The Woolworth and Johnston buildings will be renovated to host space for tech start-ups and the roof will be transformed into a rooftop bar. There will also be living space.

Only on 6: Augusta Innovation Zone bringing technology and revitalization to downtown | WJBF-TV

Augusta Innovation Zone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
View detailed profiles of: