Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 5,204 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move from Charlotte, North Carolina to the Augusta area. After reading several post on this site and doing some researching. I am looking into the areas of West Augusta, North Augusta and Grovetown. What I am looking for is a diverse multi-cultural, middle class area, with a good-great school system, low crime and an area where I can buy a nice home in the range of $225-275,000. Thanks in advance for your opinions and help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 07:21 PM

100 posts, read 425,010 times
Main you can search homes from all over the CSRA. Grovetown is a rapidly growing area. LOTS and LOTS of new construction homes going up all over. But it is also a lot of military.

West Augusta in Columbia County has a lot of nice pre-existing communities and is pretty much conveinant to all over Martinez, Evans. Just depends on what you are looking for. Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns you may have.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:44 PM

36 posts, read 59,220 times
How long will this forum go before you know who weighs their two cents in. Oh well enjoy it while it last.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:35 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,429 times
If you have to live in Disgusta... then live in Columbia County.. Evans, Martinez

Old 04-09-2008, 08:16 PM

36 posts, read 59,220 times
He's here!

Old 05-22-2008, 01:11 AM

1 posts, read 5,067 times
I have two children and I am military and am a native of Georgia, but not to Augusta. I do not know the area well. I need to rent an affordable home, low crime, and good school system. What is the best option?

Old 05-22-2008, 03:50 PM

880 posts, read 2,861,026 times
I would go with West Augusta. Low crime, schools are ok, close to most everthing, and good, fairly affordable neighborhoods. As a second choice, I would look to North Augusta.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 5,029 times
I have lived in Columbia "snob city" County (Martinez, Evans area), Grovetown and presently reside in West Augusta. If you like to keep up with the Jones' then move to Evans they will tell you what you can and can't do, all the soccer mom's in their minivans and SUV's will run you off the road because they are too busy talking on their cell to drive.
Grovetown is booming and is a real nice area and you can get more than a little patio home you can actually buy a house with a real yard! They are also building a new High School and have a new middle school so you would have the latest technology in the classrooms. West Augusta/Augusta is nice, cheap to live there, more housing options especially if you are looking for property but the schools are so-so depending on area unless your children go to one of the magnet schools - Davison Fine Arts (voted #1 in GA) or CT Walker Health & Engineering.
Personally I think Augusta or Grovetown is your best bet. If you don't like the schools hey there are plenty of private schools in the area if you can afford it!

Old 05-23-2008, 11:46 AM

661 posts, read 2,895,607 times
It would be nice if people would quantify their views on certain towns as their opinions or their experiences. Granted, there are many upscale developments in Evans that probably have people similar to what mcga described. But the whole town isn't like that.

I lived in Halifax North in Evans for seven years and it was a wonderful neighborhood. My kids had friends in other subdivisions and we never ran into the kind of snobbery described in the above post.

That's not to say other people don't experience this. But blanket statements about an entire town are rarely accurate.

There is indeed a lot going on in Grovetown - so much new construction and prices are pretty good right now.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:29 PM

511 posts, read 2,476,541 times
Yea the western portion is definately the best way to go from what I have seen on my visits this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area