Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,912 times

Advertisements

Me and my husband have look at several lofts and other residential areas downtown. We have found something in our budget that we really like. We just want to make sure that we have search around alot. Before we go ahead and move in the area. Can someone give me information on the best counties/cities in augusta to live. I will be working downtown in a law firm as a Paralegal/legal assistant with my spouse working in columbia, sc some of the time. Need info on the better counties and school system to focus on .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 11:55 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,429 times
Well Augusta needs all the people it can to move into downtown to help revitalize the area..more loft dwellers will help..so I think you are doing the right thing. But be aware that schools in Augusta are not the best.. especially the ones in the inner city. The general consensus in the Augusta area is that the better schools are out in Columbia County (specifically Evans and Martinez) or North Augusta, SC. Now Augusta does have the magnet schools.. so that may be an option, but there are waiting lists to get into those schools. Another option is Catholic school.. which is rather affordable.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:51 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,429 times
Two good catholic schools that come to mind is Saint Mary's on the Hill and Aquinas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
View detailed profiles of: