Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 02:35 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
Anything around Gordon is sketchy, from what I’ve seen. Especially south and east of the base. If I were staying here long term, I’d probably be looking farther up north.
I don’t know what part of Gordon Highway you visited, but that’s definitely not even remotely true. Yes, Gordon Highway near South Augusta and Inner city Augusta is kinda sketchy. Even though not everywhere, brand new hotels right beside I-520. Gordon Highway is a extremely long road stretching from Aiken to Harlem. Gordon Highway between Jimmie Dyess(Belair/Southwest Augusta) and Harlem is one of the fastest growing areas. It’s a low crime rapidly growing middle class area becoming upper middle class. The Jimmie Dyess area is apart of Belair and right outside Gate 1 around Gordon Hwy. Homes in Belair Estates can go over $500,000. There is nothing sketchy about that area. They recently built a new Belair K-8 school to accommodate the growth. Right outside Gate 2 is Gordon Hwy(same area)near Grovetown and its not sketchy either.

Last edited by nortonguy; 07-18-2019 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 08:59 PM

1,669 posts, read 2,242,437 times
I haven’t seen Belair. I’ll take your word for it. But you gotta be nuts to pay a half million for a house sandwiched between an Army base, a maximum security prison and a sketchy part of town.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:33 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
I haven’t seen Belair. I’ll take your word for it. But you gotta be nuts to pay a half million for a house sandwiched between an Army base, a maximum security prison and a sketchy part of town.
An army base with the NSA and Cyber Command. It’s a medical prison and not a maximum security prison. The prison is eight miles away from Belair Estates for example. It’s also was built near Harlem where it becomes rural. The sketchy part of town is miles away.

Last edited by nortonguy; 07-18-2019 at 09:46 PM..

Old 07-19-2019, 02:54 AM

1,669 posts, read 2,242,437 times
The security level of the prison is “close” which is equivalent to maximum security. Nice conversation to have with your prospective buyers.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:09 PM

27 posts, read 54,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
At times Augusta can be like a real life version of the Jerry Springer Show
At Times? You are being gracious. I would say it's almost always like the Jerry Springer show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area