Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2008, 03:35 AM

6 posts, read 18,262 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are considering moving to the south from midstate Illinois, and Augusta is a possible location for us. We have driven through Georgia many times, and love its beauty and climate. We are retired and in good health (so far at least). I am almost 65. I am hoping some of you Augustans can give me a read on a couple of neighborhoods.

We can afford maybe a $100,000 house. I am looking at a couple of houses (on the Web) and I am wondering about the quality of their neighborhoods. We don't need a fancy place, but we do want to have nice neighbors, with no worries about neighborhood crime, etc.

House #1 is a few blocks east of Augusta Nat'l Golf Course (east of Washington Rd (Rt 28). It is west of River Watch Pkwy (Rt 104). It is north of Lake Olmstead and Country Club Hills. It is SE of National Hills. This house is very near Bedford Heights Park.

House #2 is north of Hephzibah, and sits north of Tobacco Rd, west of Windsor Spring Rd, south of Meadowbrook Dr, and east of Deans Bridge (Jefferson Davis Mem Hwy). The house sits a couple blocks west of a little dammed up lake or pond.

Would appreciate any knowledgeable opinions on these two areas -- or any other suggestions to reach our goals with this price range.. Thanks in advance for any info.

ColdGuy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times
I would probaly say House #1 seems to be in a better and nicer location overall. The quality of the neighborhoods in that area are very nice. As for house #2 there are good parts and there are bad parts. If you gave me the exact street that house 2 was on I could tell you how that neighborhood is.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:43 PM

6 posts, read 18,262 times
Default House #2 location

House #2 is :1945 Red Bird RdGA 3090Is National Hills (the area just north of Augusta National Golf Course) a nice neighborhood also? Thanks again.ColdGuy

Old 04-17-2008, 07:42 PM

275 posts, read 1,288,803 times
Very nice, established, older neighborhood. Very convienent location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area