Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2022, 10:25 AM

1,895 posts, read 1,544,877 times

Advertisements

Hey All,

I just moved to Augusta around 4 months ago, and I am wondering, if anyone here knows of any really good ice cream place in the area? I am a huge ice cream snob, and have looked all over, and still haven't found a place that impresses me.

These are the places I've been to so far:

Pink Dipper, North Augusta, SC: Probably the best that I've been to around the area, and its decent but nothing that special.

Whipped Creamery, Martinez, GA: Also alright, but not as good as Pink Dipper in my opinion, and they seem to have a lack of flavors. I really was not too impressed.

Then there is the chains like Bruster's Real Ice Cream which isn't bad, but its so soft and it melts really quickly. Not the best.

ColdStone is ok, but it's one of those huge chains that is good, but not great.

Dairy Queen? LOL, we all know it.

Shake City in Downtown: Plain out terrible. Might be contenders for some of the worst ice cream I have ever tasted. This place is an absolute joke.

The only other place I've seen on the Map is Summerville Scoops next to Food Lion. I have not tried this place, but is it any good? Is it better than any of the others I listed? I'm gonna try it in the next few days and check out, but what do you all think?

Is there any other ice cream place in the area that I didn't list or am not aware of that is better than any of those? I feel like Augusta has a lack of good quality ice cream.

This is how I would rank all the places I"ve been to so far:

1. Pink Dipper, North Augusta, SC (Best I've tried, but not really anything special)
2. Whipped Creamery, Martinez, GA
3. Bruster's Real Ice Cream
4. ColdStone Creamery
5. Dairy Queen
6. Shake City LLC, Downtown Augusta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2022, 08:45 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,399,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Hey All,

I just moved to Augusta around 4 months ago, and I am wondering, if anyone here knows of any really good ice cream place in the area? I am a huge ice cream snob, and have looked all over, and still haven't found a place that impresses me.

These are the places I've been to so far:

Pink Dipper, North Augusta, SC: Probably the best that I've been to around the area, and its decent but nothing that special.

Whipped Creamery, Martinez, GA: Also alright, but not as good as Pink Dipper in my opinion, and they seem to have a lack of flavors. I really was not too impressed.

Then there is the chains like Bruster's Real Ice Cream which isn't bad, but its so soft and it melts really quickly. Not the best.

ColdStone is ok, but it's one of those huge chains that is good, but not great.

Dairy Queen? LOL, we all know it.

Shake City in Downtown: Plain out terrible. Might be contenders for some of the worst ice cream I have ever tasted. This place is an absolute joke.

The only other place I've seen on the Map is Summerville Scoops next to Food Lion. I have not tried this place, but is it any good? Is it better than any of the others I listed? I'm gonna try it in the next few days and check out, but what do you all think?

Is there any other ice cream place in the area that I didn't list or am not aware of that is better than any of those? I feel like Augusta has a lack of good quality ice cream.

This is how I would rank all the places I"ve been to so far:

1. Pink Dipper, North Augusta, SC (Best I've tried, but not really anything special)
2. Whipped Creamery, Martinez, GA
3. Bruster's Real Ice Cream
4. ColdStone Creamery
5. Dairy Queen
6. Shake City LLC, Downtown Augusta
Summerville Scoops is the only one that actually makes their ice cream in house. From a purchased base, but they are 'churning' it themselves at least. Recommend making a meal out of the trip and hitting up the Village Deli next door for lunch first.

I guess you could sort of say the same for ColdStone as Summerville Scoops, only ColdStone isn't churning anything, just mixing in flavors. Pink Dipper is great for nostalgia, but their ice cream is the same thing you can buy in a store. They use Blue Bell or one of those other "B" named brands that escapes me at the moment. Flanigan's Ice Cream in Aiken is another good one (with Polo Grounds Cafe next door), but again, it's not made in house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
View detailed profiles of: