Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 09:26 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,034,104 times

Advertisements

The fact is.. IMAX is becoming commonplace.. where it was once an attraction you may find only at large museums in big cities..now even moderate markets have IMAX.. so it's not some special thing as the originator of this post was trying to insinuate. You will see just about every medium sized market with at least one IMAX screen very soon. And btw.. I have been to that Regal Cinemas in Disgusta on several occassions.. how they can convert one cinema into IMAX is beyond me.. that theater is woefully outdated..The cinemas are much smaller than at the average theater. they need to give the whole place an extreme makeover, including that garish facade that looks like it belongs atop Carmen Miranda's head. AMC theaters are far nicer.. but you only tend to find them in the bigger markets. Columbus based carmike cinemas are fairly nice too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 09:20 AM

913 posts, read 2,984,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
Well buddy i hate to burst you bubble but Macon has a new upscale 750,000 sq ft open-air stand alone mall(www.shoppesatrivercrossing.com) which opened this past march that has most of the same stores and phase two of the project opens in Oct. Also under construction is
Providence Village NorthMaconRetailWorks of Georgia, Inc. is huge mixed used project very similar to Atlantic station which will includes hotels, loft/residential and Retail that will bring even more Atlanta like new upscale stores to North Macon.
Looks like the Macon Mall is about to close since they are in foreclosure.....that can't be good.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPerson45 View Post
It's seems that Macon has a lot of construction going on. How, it also seems that the developers don't really have a comprehensive plan. With a city of over 90,000+, a market of its size may become oversaturated with all the retail projects. That's what happen to Augusta. The Village at Riverwatch started construction in 2005, and the Augusta Mall expansion started that same year. I think on the Fall of 2006, construction stopped on The Village at Riverwatch. My point being is that the developers may want to scale down and maybe postpone on one of the projects. I don't know. Never been to Macon, it may turn out differently.
You are right about The Villages at Riverwatch... that project may never happen... or if it does.. it will be far off into the future. The Augusta mall expansion put a halt to it.. apparantly snagging many of the retailers the riverwatch developers were eyeing. Folks in Augusta should also remember back in the 80s they had 2 thriving malls... now they only have one.. so I don't get all of this stuff about Augusta growing by leaps and bounds.. I just don't see it. I actually remember when downtown was a thriving shopping destination back in the 70s.. then it became a ghost town.. things have improved somewhat from 12 years ago.. but no where near to what it used to be like.. and I doubt it ever will be again.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:47 AM

25 posts, read 43,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
Looks like the Macon Mall is about to close since they are in foreclosure.....that can't be good.
I noticed Peachtree Mall was voted as best shopping area by Columbus residents today.....much higher than North Crossing.
I told you so....you have much to learn grasshopper!!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:50 AM

913 posts, read 2,984,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbusDoc View Post
I noticed Peachtree Mall was voted as best shopping area by Columbus residents today.....much higher than North Crossing.
I told you so....you have much to learn grasshopper!!
Haha I think you are the one who needs to learn a thing or two. I will be glad to educate you.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:39 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
Serious question. What is going on with that Village at Riverwatch project? It started then stopped then Bass Pro Shops was announced and now there is no site plan or news regarding the development. Sounds like somebody doesn't have their ducks lined up in a row. Personally, i'm glad to see the mall get those retailers/restaurants over the Village at Riverwatch. It will keep that mall going for a long time into the future.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:43 PM

937 posts, read 864,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Serious question. What is going on with that Village at Riverwatch project? It started then stopped then Bass Pro Shops was announced and now there is no site plan or news regarding the development. Sounds like somebody doesn't have their ducks lined up in a row. Personally, i'm glad to see the mall get those retailers/restaurants over the Village at Riverwatch. It will keep that mall going for a long time into the future.
Bass Pro Shops will start construction this fall.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:48 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAP443 View Post
Bass Pro Shops will start construction this fall.
Sweet. We're getting one here too: Sanford fishes for retraction of tax breaks for large retailers | Spartanburg, South Carolina | GoUpstate.com | Spartanburg Herald-Journal

Old 07-27-2008, 06:27 PM

Bass Pro shops is the only announced retailer at The Villages at River watch..and it may be the only one for quite a while.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:31 PM

937 posts, read 864,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
Bass Pro shops is the only announced retailer at The Villages at River watch..and it may be the only one for quite a while.
I think Belk, Starplex Cinemas, and if I am not mistaking, Costco, are still in the project. Dillard's has been long gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area