U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 05:43 PM

52 posts, read 51,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroboy803 View Post
why compare 2 citys n they both dwn da road frm each other columbia is 45 minutes away its a straight shot no turns or nuin bt columbia is da best bt girls wize n clubs they both are a tie like first friday's in augusta be every month on da 1st week bt in columbia they got 5 points something dat is really similar to first friday's bt its better because it be alot of people on 5points every weekend n columbia is super bigger then augusta bt aye i like dem both because they really remind me of each other they should call dem selfs da twin city's even though they both in different states n o yea
I grew up in Underwood holmes and later Sunset projects and I don't even talk that bad. You can't be serious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 07:13 PM

903 posts, read 743,334 times
yeah, no one is gonna take you seriously typing like that. hopefully you speak better than you type.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:41 PM

115 posts, read 120,829 times
When do you think augusta's and columbia's metros will start merging together. That will be crazy to see.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:26 AM

28 posts, read 28,873 times
Columbia's nightlife scene is light years ahead of Augusta's.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-town706 View Post
When do you think augusta's and columbia's metros will start merging together. That will be crazy to see.
We will be dead by then...so will our children...and their children...and their children. Maybe 200-300 years...but probably longer.

Too much distance and rural areas for that to happen.

Spartanburg/Greenville has actually come close to it, though.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:40 AM

198 posts, read 363,460 times
Augusta, Thompson and Aiken will likely merge within the next 10 years.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:25 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
6,183 posts, read 6,982,359 times
What do you mean by merge? I do think Augusta and Columbia will form a CSA in our lifetime.. Aiken County and Lexington County are located side by side.. If you look at the satellite images, the cities of Augusta and Columbia are already pretty well connected..

There won't be massive amounts of continous development from Augusta to Columbia down I-20... There will be noticeable continous development though...

Old 02-06-2011, 11:29 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
6,183 posts, read 6,982,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingdawg View Post
Augusta, Thompson and Aiken will likely merge within the next 10 years.
I'll say Edgefield, Aiken, Hephzibah, Waynesboro, Harlem, Blythe, Mcbean, and Thomson will become inner suburbs instead of exurbs...

Which means Mccormick, Lincoln, Jefferson, or Wilkes county should be added to the metro..

Old 02-06-2011, 12:48 PM

There would be a better chance of Aiken and Lexington counties merging, and doing it faster, if the areas that where they bordered weren't the most rural of each county. Lot of nothing along those parts of I-20.

Augusta has it's own expanding to do...mostly towards the west. Columbia has already been doing it, in rapid fashion, mainly to the northeast.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:11 PM

52 posts, read 51,459 times
I dont think it will happen either both metros are growing to the northeast and Aiken to the southeast lexington to the northeast as well away from eachother unless some type of major employer locates on interstate 20 along the Aiken/Lexington county line and thats still a long shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area