Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 06:50 PM

239 posts, read 701,886 times

Advertisements

been posting around a month and i have lived in the C.S.R.A off and on 39 years so i have developed an opinion on the area..and many others.. i have also been to every major city in america (more than once) and all 48 states plus canada and mexico...(more than once) america is a big place and trust me on this they're much better areas than this....why do i stay you ask????family and friends here and a 169,000 dollar morgage....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 06:53 PM

191 posts, read 522,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyrun View Post
In the greenville forum you said you were from a city in south carolina near augusta. Now you say you live in augusta on this forum. You're starting to sound like disgusta false. You have been posting in the greenville forum. And he's always talking about athens or greenville. I don't think that was a coincidence. All of a sudden when disgusta false dissapears for a while. These people like you show up. How come we haven't never seen you post on the forum before. Until the last two days. And i guess its a coincidence that disgusta false is gone at the same time. I know you are him. Know how i can tell. Everytime somebody post on augusta. You always hurry up and post. And leave a negative comment. So everybody will read yours. Watch everytime somebody post. You hurry up and post on top of them. So your post can be read. Just like the thread augusta being named top ten comeback kids. You have posted on top of that thread like 6 times today. Disgusta did the same thing.
Hey Dude,Are you drunk,high on drugs or just plain stupid.I am Carolinapride and that is my one and only screen name on this site.I do not use multiple screen names acting like more than one person.Go back and look at all posts you can find on the Augusta threads and you will see that my posts are for Augusta,not aganist it and I even respond back to some of Disgusta nagative posts.So please get your P's/Q's straight.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:56 PM

he was refering to me i think lol

Old 08-30-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
been posting around a month and i have lived in the C.S.R.A off and on 39 years so i have developed an opinion on the area..and many others.. i have also been to every major city in america (more than once) and all 48 states plus canada and mexico...(more than once) america is a big place and trust me on this they're much better areas than this....why do i stay you ask????family and friends here and a 169,000 dollar morgage....
Maybe what your saying is all true or just one big pack of lies to make yourself look like some kind of expert on the best cities to live in in America.I really don't know or care either way.But anyone with half a brain would know there are better cities and worse cities to live in depending on who's doing the judging.The thing is,regardless of your reasons for being "stuck"in Augusta,most anyone would want to know,why would someone want to post such nagative/false things about the town they are living everday of there life in.I mean,What's the point?Is there some kind of benifit or satifaction you get from all of this?Could it be just the fact that people on here are at war over this issue and your so ****ing bored to death and have nothing else to do that you "get off" on this issue?Just please tell,What's your excuse for bashing our city?

Old 08-30-2008, 07:15 PM

nothing i said was false just blunt truths about this depressed area i live in...why lie when you can call it as you see it.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
nothing i said was false just blunt truths about this depressed area i live in...why lie when you can call it as you see it.
Whatever floats your ego dude.As for me,this is not some kind of game to me and I am really at peace with "my hometown".

Old 11-19-2008, 11:56 AM

5 posts, read 9,320 times
I have lived in Columbia and just moved to Augusta. I love Augusta! I even chose to live in the Downtown area. Look up www.augusttomorrow.org or www.myaugustadowntown.com. I have grown up in SC and love the Greenville area but didn't like Columbia as much.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:12 PM

Location: American People's Democratic Capitalist Republic of South Carolina
176 posts, read 454,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinapride View Post
I'm looking to move to the Columbia area,but definitely not because Augusta doesn't have a lot of cool stuff to do,because we do.In addition to the night life here with clubs galore,numerous "outdoor eating and beautiful Riverwalk,right here in the heart of downtown,we also have the Masters Golf Tournment,which is not only visted by the rest of the country,but how about,the rest of the world.Avery big event indeed.We also enjoy a moderately low crime rate,certainly more than I can say for GREENVILLE SOUTH CAROLINA.There even scared(paranoid) of teenagers hanging out in their downtown are.Anyway,I don't suggest you moving here or to Columbia,but since this guy DISGUSTA,also known on here as G-MAN430,has used this forum to trash my home town,I do think you should know there are some really positive things about Augusta,and certainly there would be more in Columbia since it's over twice the size of Augusta.It's really silly to even compare the two togather,more like comparing Atlanta to Augusta.Anyway,because I am from Augusta and don't appreciate disgusta(g-man430)or anyone else for that matter trashing my city,I am determine to speak out and give the the recoginition it deserves.I think this guy must have gotton in some kind of trouble here and did't get a break,so he has a beef with the city but needs to address directly instead of using this forum to discourage otheres from moving here with his nagative and lying comments.
Isn't Augusta Georgia's second largest city with a population of at least 200,000? I still prefer Columbia, SC although Augusta is quite nice.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:59 AM

215 posts, read 481,191 times
I lived in Augusta for 15+ years and Columbia for 4+ years.. so I would say I have some creditability to talk about this subject.

First off, HANDS DOWN winner is Augusta.

Cons against Columbia
  • roads (pot holes everywhere)
  • homeless population
  • police/crime - you will find college bars filled with cops, while robberies, etc. are happening everywhere
  • best thing you can say about Columbia is that it is close to Charleston, Atlanta, etc.
  • city ordinances on your house, if you park the wrong way, etc. Basically a government that is consistently counter productive, and works against new business and it's own residents!
  • parking tickets.... parking situation in general
Pros for Augusta
  • amazing development (infrastructure, downtown revitalization, etc)
  • paved roads
  • the Masters!
  • new mall addition
  • the river
  • affordable housing with tons of character
  • low crime
To be honest I could go on for days about this subject.. the fact of the matter is that poor government, and years of mismanaging the city has made Columbia a sub standard city. Beside the military base and college the city has very little to offer.

While on the other hand, Augusta is a town away with growth everywhere, resilient housing market, and pro-active government!

I will add more to this post later. Anyone reading this post that is trying to decide between Columbia and Augusta.... feel free to message me. My decision would be clear though...

Old 04-05-2009, 03:54 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Augusta better than Columbia? ROFL. Is that a joke? Let me know when Augusta becomes a real city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City