U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 12:12 PM

400 posts, read 619,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Groundbreaking on the rest of the project just begun a couple of months ago. Rome wasn't built overnight.
I think G-man is a little jealous of Augusta's progress.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 03:29 PM

3,172 posts, read 3,273,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
I think G-man is a little jealous of Augusta's progress.....
Still doesn't change anything, Augusta is still behind its peers despite all of the enthusiasm.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:53 AM

215 posts, read 374,922 times
Why do the three amigos from Greenville. Always have to come into the Augusta forum. And talk us to death about their city. Or tell us how much better their city is. Who cares because I surely don't G-man, lil musket, and motoenterprises. Im starting to think all you guys are the same person. Columbia is alot closer to Augusta than Greenville. But I don't see posters from Savannah or Columbia. Like i hear from you the three amigos.

Last edited by harrat; 03-19-2009 at 11:03 AM..

Old 03-19-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrat View Post
Why do the three amigos from Greenville. Always have to come into the Augusta forum. And talk us to death about their city. Or tell us how much better their city is. Who cares because I surely don't G-man, lil musket, and motoenterprises. Im starting to think all you guys are the same person. Columbia is alot closer to Augusta than Greenville. But I don't see posters from Savannah or Columbia. Like i hear from you the three amigos.
I'm here because Greenville was dragged in before I got here and I have family in Augusta so I'm familiar with it. Oh, and someone came to the Greenville forum so I invited myself over. Love you guys enthusiasm! You should be happy, were boosting your forum numbers.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:44 PM

349 posts, read 653,005 times
If you have never been to Augusta mall before. I urge you to visit.

Horse outside of PF changs

Old 03-21-2009, 05:49 PM

349 posts, read 653,005 times

Old 03-21-2009, 07:04 PM

220 posts, read 393,939 times
The horse is nice.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:49 AM

337 posts, read 491,615 times
My wife and I decided to head up to Greenville on Saturday...We had heard some good things about downtown...

My thoughts -

Downtown Greenville...Augusta could only hope to be that nice. Numerous restraurant selections - French to Japanese, Atlant Bread to Trio's, Several Brew Pubs...Great selection. Not a lot of shopping...but it did have a Mast Department Store (quite a hoot), Loose Lucie's, and some nice shops down by Augusta Street.

The Arts area along with Waterfall park...Very pretty. Some pretty impressive new buildings blending with some old ones. And the Downtown baseball stadium seemed very nice. and seemed to be sparking a revival in the blocks leading to the stadium...

Haywood Mall - Has some stores that Augusta Mall does not have (J Crew for my wife). Other than that, I would give the plus to Augusta Mall. And I think that North Lake and Southpark in Charlotte are MUCH nicer than either one...

Overall a nice day trip...More to see

Old 03-23-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustabuckeye View Post
My wife and I decided to head up to Greenville on Saturday...We had heard some good things about downtown...

My thoughts -

Downtown Greenville...Augusta could only hope to be that nice. Numerous restraurant selections - French to Japanese, Atlant Bread to Trio's, Several Brew Pubs...Great selection. Not a lot of shopping...but it did have a Mast Department Store (quite a hoot), Loose Lucie's, and some nice shops down by Augusta Street.

The Arts area along with Waterfall park...Very pretty. Some pretty impressive new buildings blending with some old ones. And the Downtown baseball stadium seemed very nice. and seemed to be sparking a revival in the blocks leading to the stadium...

Haywood Mall - Has some stores that Augusta Mall does not have (J Crew for my wife). Other than that, I would give the plus to Augusta Mall. And I think that North Lake and Southpark in Charlotte are MUCH nicer than either one...

Overall a nice day trip...More to see
Did you folks get to make over to Woodruff Rd? Very nice shopping over there. Also there are areas like Cherrydale that are pretty nice. Its pretty spread out. Which way did you come into Greenville?

Old 03-23-2009, 06:36 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,410,541 times
I remember a cpl years back a group of Augusta leaders travelled up to Greenville to meet with their leaders to get some ideas on how to replicate Greenville's successful downtown renewal in Augusta. One of the recommendations was to reconfigure Broad Street (actually narrow it to one lane each side.. inorder to add more parking and increase space for outdoor cafes).. also The arena, performing arts center,and baseball park all being centered in downtown Greenville was a big boost they said. Hopefully Augusta leaders will take their suggestions to heart, because would love to see downtown Augusta with the kind of vibrancy of downtown Greenville.. I think it is very doable here in Augusta. We just need the will to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area