Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 03:07 AM

1 posts, read 5,175 times

Advertisements

MY FAMILY IS RELOCATING FROM A SMALL TOWN IN LOUISIANA. MY CHILDREN AGES ARE 15,13, AND 4 YEARS. MY HUSBAND AND I ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING PLACE TO LIVE THAT IS LOW IN CRIME, FAMILY FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOODS,AND GOOD SCHOOLS THAT CARE ABOUT CHILDREN EDUCATIONS

PS. DO YOU KNOW ANY GOOD PAYING JOBS FOR RN,S (ME) AND FORK LIFT DRIVERS (MY HUSBAND) OR ANY JOBS THAT HE CAN LEARN ON JOB TRAINING

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 03:33 PM

220 posts, read 622,384 times
Augusta has evans, martinez, hephzibah, aiken, thomson, north augusta, grovetown, west augusta. If you are a RN you should find a job with no problem in augusta. There are alot of warehouses in the metro area . So your husband should be able to find a job pretty fast also. Bridgestone, kelloggs, and fedex are hiring in augusta.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:34 PM

2 posts, read 8,878 times
Hi, this is my first time using this site, im not sure if im on the right page. Anyway my husband just got a job at Medical College of GA. We're looking to buy a brand new home in a upscale developed neighborhood. I was told Ivylanding subdivision in Grovetown GA is pretty upscale is that true? pls let me know what areas to look for, anywhere 15 to 25 mins drive from Medical College of GA thank you in advance.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:08 AM

66 posts, read 201,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgeme View Post
Augusta has evans, martinez, hephzibah, aiken, thomson, north augusta, grovetown, west augusta. If you are a RN you should find a job with no problem in augusta. There are alot of warehouses in the metro area . So your husband should be able to find a job pretty fast also. Bridgestone, kelloggs, and fedex are hiring in augusta.
I had no idea we had a Kelloggs here in Augusta. That's kind of cool because I'm from Battle Creek, Michigan!

Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 PM

25 posts, read 99,846 times
If you are looking for family friendly neighborhoods, I would recommend Columbia County. It is correct that everyone is running to Columbia County. There are many family friendly communities with family friendly activities nearby. The Evans and Martinez areas have decent schools and there are many things to do in the area for a Kindergartener. Yes, the taxes are high compared to those of Richmond County but you do see where the money is being spent. In the Evans/Martinez areas, there is ease of access to your shopping, Post Office, Government buildings, restaurants, parks, library and many others. More importantly, the crime rate is also relatively low compared to Augusta and North Augusta.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:34 PM

25 posts, read 99,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vv123 View Post
Hi, this is my first time using this site, im not sure if im on the right page. Anyway my husband just got a job at Medical College of GA. We're looking to buy a brand new home in a upscale developed neighborhood. I was told Ivylanding subdivision in Grovetown GA is pretty upscale is that true? pls let me know what areas to look for, anywhere 15 to 25 mins drive from Medical College of GA thank you in advance.
I won't agree with Ivy Landing being upscale. However, across the street from Ivy Landing is Bartram Trail which is a caliber or two above Ivy Landing. If you like that British feel of a community with a golf course then you might like Bartram Trail. It is also small compared to Windmill Plantation and Riverwood Plantation, which is too HUGE. I have driven through Knob Hill and they have an estate side; nice homes. There is also the Jones Creek area but they don't have much land for the asking price. BTW, if you are looking for only a 15-25 min drive then you might not want the Evans/Martinez are which will take a min of 30-35 due to traffic.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:08 AM

77 posts, read 157,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viv123 View Post
Ivylanding wouldn't be top of my list if you are talking upscale. Upscale would probably be around Fury's Fury (Westlake, JOnes Creek, River Island, etc) or STeven's Creek Rd (Rhodes Farm, Barrington, etc); If you are looking for more land (2-5 acre lots), possibly Nicholas Cove or Kiokee Ridge which are near Patriot's Park. Bartram Trail is a nice golf community and also near Patriot's Park. I would probably rank Windmill and Riverwood plantation, Knob Hill, and even Tudor Branch ahead of IvyLanding as well. windmill and Riverwood plantations has a very nice Publix shopping center with new stores coming in. currently, it has a nice liquor store, cleaners, subway, nail salon. CVS and Mcdonald's are about finished with construction and should open by June or July. Also there appears to be a corner restaurant being constructed right now. Hope this helps.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:32 PM

937 posts, read 1,800,332 times
Chuck_d way to go I'm a major RVD fan lol

Old 06-05-2010, 01:46 AM

2 posts, read 8,878 times
Thank you guys for the infor. I will check out those places in the near future.
My husband will be moving to Augusta GA in 2 weeks and he
doesn't have a place to stay. He is looking to rent a 2 bedroom apt
which run about $850 to $900 with 1 year contract ( which I don't like)
does anyone know any houses for rent 15-25 mins from
medical college of ga? Thank you in advance.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:11 AM

32 posts, read 60,798 times
I am satisfied with our recent move to Grovetown. We purchased in the Canterbury Farms subdivision and are very happy with our builder (Ivy Homes). There is lots of building going on here with various price points. You can see some of them at the website for Canterbury Farms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area