Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:34 PM

119 posts, read 297,077 times

Advertisements

At least the bickering over here is halfway interesting. The anti-Columbus guys are so out of touch with reality it's hilarious. Glad to see Augusta doing well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 10:50 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,504 posts, read 15,007,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Yeah, how about it: Frank entertainment signs lease with Magnolia Park in Greenville SC | GreenvilleOnline.com | The Greenville News Oh and picture of site just for proof:

Not enough? Fine, another shopping center then: Easley Town Center gets going again | greenvilleonline.com | The Greenville News Thanks for playing though.
Oh you don't want Forbes huh? How about BusinessWeek then? The top 30 housing markets in the United States... Augusta is 21st..
The 30 Strongest Housing Markets in the U.S: Rank: 21 - BusinessWeek

And yeah Augusta is building all the time...

On Monday, the new Cheddar's restaurant in West Augusta on Walton Way Extension near Wheeler Road will open.

The new Walmart is now open in Grovetown. The store is located off I-20.

Also, a new hotel officially opened its doors Wednesday. The 80 room Fairfield Inn and Suites in South Augusta on Gordon Highway.
Several new businesses opening in metro Augusta

A $1.6 million aquatic center started construction last thursday. Five minutes from the Cheddar's restaurant...
Construction officially begins for Katie's Pool | NBC Augusta 26| news, weather, sports, community, entertainment, shopping for Augusta, Georgia | Georgia News

Hobby Lobby is coming to Augusta Exchange... The construction is moving along nicely.
Store Locations : Hobby Lobby - Hobby Lobby

As Seen On Tv Etc.. opened today at Augusta mall...

Thanks for playing though! lol

Last edited by nortonguy; 10-28-2009 at 11:02 PM..

Old 11-10-2009, 06:08 PM

199 posts, read 363,617 times
Ha, what a joke, the only reason Augusta has any economy at all is because of Fort Gordon, which is an old Signal Corp base, and SRS and Plant Vogtle, both of which are not based in Augusta, everything else is either hospitals or mom and pop shops or chain store retail that pays mostly federal minimum. SRS recently held a job fair and half of Augusta showed up, turns out they only did it to sign up for the stimulus handout and hardly took on anybody, Ed Tarver ratted them out. Real unemployment has got to be close to 11.5%. and don't forget about the white flight situation where a lot of the Anglo families with steady incomes are moving to Columbia County. I'm Latino and I moved out, mainly because they broke into my apartment TWICE and because my now advanced placement 12 year old was stressing out on account of the INEPT, WACKO TEACHERS. The 1997-2007 census showed that 10,000 people left Richmond County, yet the population grew; 80% of the new growth was NEWBORN CHILDREN OF UNWED MOTHERS, food stamp fodder, baby. Recently Augusta State University announced a $30,000 handout for black men to graduate from high school and enroll in college, because only 60% of high schoolers graduate in RC. The County Commission is notorious for it's neverending, unproductive, immature race war. THAT"S the truth about the now and the tomorrow of Augusta/Richmond County. Come on, I live nearby and work for the school system, you know I tell the truth, so don't try to sell a sow's ear by calling it a silk purse. Augusta proper was once a cool place but it is quickly becoming a giant nothing.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:35 PM

The only joke is you.

Its funny how you, kit624, and parham all show up in two days. All make false statements too. You all are trolls. Kit624 lied about the unemployment rate in another thread. I had to correct him.. I know all three of you are Disgustasucks. I know your post.. You type the same things over and over..

Wow did you make alot of stuff up.

Are you joking? Okay SRS is located in Aiken county and Plant Vogtle in Burke county. What county do most people work in though? Richmond duh.... Ft. Gordon, Medical District, Electrolux (US headquarters), T-Mobile, ESI, ADP, CareSouth, Solo Cup Company, International Paper, NutraSweet, Teleperformance, Elanco, Procter & Gamble, Kellogg's

Augusta unemployment rate is 9.4% not 11.5%. The second lowest among the big cities in GA. Savannah 8.3, Augusta 9.4, Columbus 9.6, Macon 9.9, Atlanta 10.5
Unemployment Rates for Metropolitan Areas

Richmond county graduation rate is 70.5% not 60%
3 Richmond schools off Needs Improvement 100109 - The Augusta Chronicle

Richmond county and Augusta are gaining population..

Say what? Where is the white flight coming from that's going to Columbia county. Because it definitely isn't coming from a county in the metro. Augusta city grew at 1.1%, Richmond county at 1.4%, Aiken county 1.1%, and Columbia county 1.7%. Out of the three main counties.
Census estimates: Augusta metro area shows population gains | NBC Augusta 26 | news, weather, sports, community, entertainment, shopping for Augusta, Georgia | Local News

Richmond county including Hephzibah and Blythe has never lost population.

West Augusta had the most homes built in 2008. That's in Richmond county if Im not mistaken.

Anymore lies Disgustasucks? I know you like Columbia county but no need to lie.

Last edited by nortonguy; 11-10-2009 at 06:55 PM..

Old 11-10-2009, 07:12 PM

349 posts, read 1,000,190 times
I smell something fishy.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fammaf View Post
I smell something fishy.
Its Disgustasucks. You notice he skipped this thread. After I called him out on his B.S

He went to the Ouestions on downtown thread. To spread some more b.s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area