U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:31 AM

4 posts, read 21,851 times

Advertisements

Just changed jobs and looking to move to the Aiken area, maybe Augusta. Saw new homes by Crown and wanted to know if anyone had any information and experiences from them in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 07:33 AM

239 posts, read 307,488 times
Check out the Atlanta forums if you want to read from some that have had Crown homes for years. As with all topics youll hear good and bad about them. They are a newcomer in the Augusta market and they have taken a lot of business from locals so to some they arent welcome. I would suggest checking out their website and if you get a chance to check out their homes, do so.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:37 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
6,236 posts, read 7,381,711 times
Their are several new crown subdivisions in Augusta. I don't know much about the builder.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:09 PM

4 posts, read 21,851 times
I have looked at their homes, while nice, I wish they used natural gas instead of electric water heating and heat.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:08 PM

1 posts, read 10,201 times
Crown Communities is also building homes in Sage Creek, Graniteville, SC. Home prices start in the
$150s. If you work in Aiken County, great location off Exit 11, I-20, and near Aiken-Augusta Highway
(191). Check out Crown Aiken Home Page- Crown Communities INC. Georgia New Home Builders- Aiken County and Beyond for more info.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:10 PM

13 posts, read 28,720 times
I was considering maybe looking at one of their homes but not after reading this: http://www.crownaugustagabuilding.com

That doesn't sound too good to me.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:17 AM

239 posts, read 307,488 times
Military Man,
Dont just listen to one persons opinion. I could create a website saying the complete opposite. Would that change your opinion? I live in a Crown home and completely love it.Has it been completely smooth sailing. no, but i believe it would be close to the same with any builders. Do home research before you go shopping for any home, built by anybody!
Like I said before, wont hurt to check them out

Old 03-28-2010, 01:06 PM

Lol somebody always has to compare Augusta to Atlanta. I took a look at their list of neighborhoods. They're neighborhoods are growing fast. There must be several people who enjoy the homes.

Crown came to Augusta in late 2009. Some people may not like how fast they're moving along. Im sure the two Atlanta comments came from that. The writer and the person who left a comment.

''They learned at Willhaven that they can’t just bombard the County Permits office with new construction permits all at once for the entire subdivision – the County can only handle and process so many permits at a time. This isn’t Atlanta, boys.''

Willhaven is one of the fastest growing neighborhoods in 2010. Im sure several people are satisfied with their homes.

Last edited by nortonguy; 03-28-2010 at 01:16 PM..

Old 03-28-2010, 01:09 PM

The complete list of Crown neighborhoods from their site. They came to Augusta in August 2009.

Columbia County Subdivisions: Pamir Place, Berkley Hills, Iris Glen, Ivy Landing, Mill Branch.

Richmond County Subdivisions: Elderberry, Willhaven, Richmond Estates, The Hamptons, Granite Hill, Walton Farms, Spirit Point

Aiken County Subdivisions: Sage Creek, Frisco Station, Hawk's Ridge, Scarborough Station.

Last edited by nortonguy; 03-28-2010 at 01:31 PM..

Old 03-28-2010, 05:21 PM

13 posts, read 28,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmans77 View Post
Military Man,
Dont just listen to one persons opinion. I could create a website saying the complete opposite. Would that change your opinion? I live in a Crown home and completely love it.Has it been completely smooth sailing. no, but i believe it would be close to the same with any builders. Do home research before you go shopping for any home, built by anybody!
Like I said before, wont hurt to check them out
It's kind of needless to say, but I like to look at all sides, not just one person's opinion. It is interesting.

Creating a web site singing praises about Crown homes wouldn't "change" my opinion. Of course there are good things to be said otherwise Crown Communities wouldn't be in business long, right? He/she in that post had a lot to say, but it's the conflict resolution I take into consideration when making the hugest purchase of my life.

Tell me, whitmans, have you ever shopped for anything on Ebay or any Internet site? If you did, are you telling me that you never looked at any of the negative reviews and formed an opinion on what those negative reviews said collectively about the seller?

The whole feedback system would be pointless without the negative reviews. Get enough negative reviews from people who sound reasonable with reasonable gripes and you've got yourself plenty of wise warnings. There is a point of critical mass where the bad outweighs the good. I like to think that's what's called valuable information.

There were plenty of dismissive people who said the same thing about Toyota and their gas peddles. Ah, it's just a few gripes. Just ignore it. Toyota's been around forever and I've never had any problems with mine. Then, more and more people came forward talking about it. So what are the praises for Toyota worth today?

If there's truth behind the negative warnings, I don't know about you, but I think it's wise to take heed. It makes absolutely no sense to say that because one could say something positive that something negative should be ignored, or not considered in forming an intelligent opinion.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by Militarymaninaugusta; 03-28-2010 at 05:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area