Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 10:39 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,095,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
It's gonna fall under 90% because Buca di Beppo is horrible. Just my opinion from my experience. Back intown finishing up business and stopped by the place. Food was extremely late and tasted like it had been reheated in the microwave. I don't know how they're going to compete with the other dining options.
This place won't be closing anytime soon because of the crowds. Plus H&M, House of Hoops, etc is opening
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 07:24 PM

614 posts, read 1,101,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
This place won't be closing anytime soon because of the crowds. Plus H&M, House of Hoops, etc is opening
Just my opinion. Thought Buca would be to Olive Garden, or better than Olive Garden, what Harbor Inn is to Red Lobster. Harbor Inn may not be all fancy smancy but you get huge portions.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:36 AM

22 posts, read 102,108 times
Here is a quick update on whats happening at the Augusta Mall. Pink & Blue a temporary local store just opened its doors on the promenade beside the Apple Store. A temporary store is more like a filler store for most malls, if a corporate store comes and decides they want the space, they are able to lease the space and the filler store would fill another vacant spot in the mall. The reason the current Pink & Blue store has been vacant for so long is the lease price. The lease price for that spot is higher being that it is on the promenade and beside Apple which is a heavy traffic area. Construction is well under way for House of Hoops which takes the former Foot Locker and half of the former Sports Fan-attic location and foot locker has opened a temporary location in the former CCS as it is constructing a newer store beside its House of Hoops store. Finish Line has begun construction at its new location beside Buckle on the upper level and construction for the Pink Shop by Victoria Secret has also begun construction. Sketchers will be closing within the next month because of poor sales at the current location. Barnes and Noble is now on a month to month lease as the company as a whole is struggling financially. We are becoming very close to signing a new store which I mentioned in a earlier post, it seems we can't get any farther without taking a step backwards. I will keep you updated as much as I can in the near future.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:51 AM

250 posts, read 580,472 times
Thanks for the updates. No surprise about Sketchers.That stinks about Barnes and Noble. Shows the industry though. Be nice to turn that into a Cheesecake factory/ SO any hints on this "new store"? Any other GA locations? I cant think of any mall stores that we dont have that would make a huge impact.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:52 PM

It would be the first store outside of the Atlanta area (5 total retail stores, 1 outlet). It is a high end bag designer, Augusta could get a boutique store, if negotiated properly. If it does come it will attract many more high end retailers. I cannot name any names as it is not yet confirmed by the company.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:51 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,095,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augguy4111 View Post
It would be the first store outside of the Atlanta area (5 total retail stores, 1 outlet). It is a high end bag designer, Augusta could get a boutique store, if negotiated properly. If it does come it will attract many more high end retailers. I cannot name any names as it is not yet confirmed by the company.
The addition of Michael Kors would definitely put Augusta into another tier in terms of regional shopping destinations. I don't want to put words into your mouth, but I've heard the store could open here in the future.

The Village at Riverwatch should be able to offer Juicy Coture, Lacoste, Diesel, Bebe, or Lucky Brand since H&M is opening at the Augusta mall in 2014....

The residents of Atlanta would have to admit the Augusta mall is right their with Perimeter/North Point/Mall of GA if the H&M/Michael Kors combination became reality.

Last edited by nortonguy; 07-21-2013 at 11:00 PM..

Old 07-23-2013, 04:25 AM

937 posts, read 1,800,656 times
Next....... Cheesecake Factory !!

Old 08-01-2013, 06:54 PM

Sorry for the length of time between post, it has been a very busy couple months. I do want to confirm that yes, Michael Kors will be opening in the vacant corner spot beside clarks this fall. We are very excited about the new businesses coming within the next 12-16 months. Also Stride Rite will be opening on the lower level.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:59 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,175,136 times
Quote:
Sorry for the length of time between post, it has been a very busy couple months. I do want to confirm that yes, Michael Kors will be opening in the vacant corner spot beside clarks this fall. We are very excited about the new businesses coming within the next 12-16 months. Also Stride Rite will be opening on the lower level.

That should attract many more retailers not already in Augusta. Do you know when an announcement will be made?

Old 08-04-2013, 10:10 PM

124 posts, read 241,889 times
Quote:
Augguy4111,

How well does Dillard's at the mall do business or sales-wise? Because, honestly, it's DEAD every time I go in there. Frankly, I'm ready for one of the anchor slots in the mall to get snatched up by a Belk (similar to the one at Columbiana Center).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area