U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 12:53 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
6,207 posts, read 7,078,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I seriously doubt that. You really tend to go overboard on the comparisons sometimes. It's a pretty big adjustment to move from one metro to another one that's 10 times smaller.
This is why I'm probably about to quit city-data. I don't really feel like posting on here anymore. How would you even know? Do you live in Augusta? I though you lived in Charlotte, NC. So how can you possibly know what people have told me personally? It's funny when people don't want to believe something. The other person has to be going over overboard with a comparsion. Can you give me a example of going overboard on the comparisons sometimes? Every article I post I leave a link. I think some people still think Augusta is growing the same as 10-15 years ago. So when I post about all the growth you may be a little shocked. That's not my fault if you don't want to believe the facts.

My sister lives in Atlanta and my aunt lives in Covington. They both have said Augusta feels like living in metro Atlanta.

And yes, I know other people who are transplants to Augusta from Atlanta. They all have said the samething about living in Augusta. It's similar to living in either Cobb, Dekalb, or Gwinnett county. Neither one of those counties are 10 times bigger than Augusta.

Gwinnett county 800,000

Dekalb county 740,000

Cobb County 700,000

Augusta metro 545,000

Lol yeah, living in Cobb is a pretty big adjustment from living in Augusta. NOT!

Last edited by nortonguy; 01-30-2010 at 01:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 01:43 PM

119 posts, read 193,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
This is why I'm probably about to quit city-data. I don't really feel like posting on here anymore. How would you even know? Do you live in Augusta? I though you lived in Charlotte, NC. So how can you possibly know what people have told me personally? It's funny when people don't want to believe something. The other person has to be going over overboard with a comparsion. Can you give me a example of going overboard on the comparisons sometimes? Every article I post I leave a link. I think some people still think Augusta is growing the same as 10-15 years ago. So when I post about all the growth you may be a little shocked. That's not my fault if you don't want to believe the facts.

My sister lives in Atlanta and my aunt lives in Covington. They both have said Augusta feels like living in metro Atlanta.

And yes, I know other people who are transplants to Augusta from Atlanta. They all have said the samething about living in Augusta. It's similar to living in either Cobb, Dekalb, or Gwinnett county. Neither one of those counties are 10 times bigger than Augusta.

Gwinnett county 800,000

Dekalb county 740,000

Cobb County 700,000

Augusta metro 545,000

Lol yeah, living in Cobb is a pretty big adjustment from living in Augusta. NOT!
I am sorry but living in Augusta is nothing like living in suburban Atlanta. The entire metro area of Augusta is nowhere near the population of any of the metro counties mentioned above. I agree with Akhenaton06, you tend to exaggerate a lot of things about Augusta.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:54 PM

Can you give me a exaggeration on Augusta? When I supply a article with my links everytime. I think you're one of those people who hasn't never been to Augusta before or in a long time. Therefore you don't know what's all going on here. Am I exaggerated too if I say Augusta(city) gained more people than the entire metro Columbus? Because it definitely did and probably will again when the next census comes out.

And okay, but I don't ever want to hear on city-data again. How living in Columbus, Savannah, or Macon is like living in Augusta then.

Gwinnett 800k, Dekalb 740k, Cobb 700k, Augusta 540k

Augusta 540k, Savannah 335k, Columbus 290k, Macon 229k

Don't ever compare those cities to Augusta then on here?

Gwinnett 255k bigger than Augusta, Dekalb 200k bigger than AUG, Cobb 160k bigger than AUG

Augusta 310k bigger than Macon, AUG 250k bigger than Columbus, AUG 200k bigger than Savannah

Augusta is closer in population to those counties. Compared to how close Savannah, Columbus, and Macon are to Augusta.

Last edited by nortonguy; 01-30-2010 at 02:55 PM..

Old 01-30-2010, 01:58 PM

I just want to be clear on that. If you're going to say living in suburban Atlanta is nothing like living in Augusta. Please don't ever compare living in Savannah, Macon, or Columbus with Augusta then.

Last edited by nortonguy; 01-30-2010 at 02:14 PM..

Old 01-30-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I just want to be clear on that. If you're going to say living in suburban Atlanta is nothing like living in Augusta. Please don't ever compare living in Savannah, Macon, or Columbus with Augusta then.
Ummm.....Columbus, Macon, and Savannah are all like Augusta. You are trying to compare an entire MSA to one Atlanta county....that is just plain silly. Not sure why you don't see that. Augusta might have a larger metro population than the cities above, but it is nothing like Cobb, Gwinnett, etc. For example, the Columbus region has just about as many people as metro Augusta. For Augusta's MSA, it just happens that more of those people commute into Augusta for work therefore making it apart of Augusta's MSA. As for Lee County, Alabama, just across the river from Columbus, majority of that counties residents still work in Auburn/Opelika. However, many people are choosing to move into Lee County but work in Columbus. If the majority work in Columbus, it might become part of the Columbus MSA therefore adding 135,000 people. Columbus has larger cities within 30-35 miles than Augusta has making it's metro look smaller than the area really is. Don't live in Columbus but I go there for work. Same could probably be said for Macon and Savannah. So overall, Augusta is more like Macon, Columbus, and Savannah than it is to metro Atlanta counties.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABOY84 View Post
Ummm.....Columbus, Macon, and Savannah are all like Augusta. Not sure why you don't see that. Augusta might have a larger metro population than the cities above, but it is nothing like Cobb, Gwinnett, etc. For example, the Columbus region has just about as many people as metro Augusta. For Augusta's MSA, it just happens that more of those people commute into Augusta for work therefore making it apart of Augusta's MSA. As for Lee County, Alabama, just across the river from Columbus, majority of that counties residents still work in Auburn/Opelika. However, many people are choosing to move into Lee County but work in Columbus. If the majority work in Columbus, it might become part of the Columbus MSA therefore adding 135,000 people. Columbus has larger cities within 30-35 miles than Augusta has making it's metro look smaller than the area really is. Don't live in Columbus but I go there for work. Same could probably be said for Macon and Savannah. So overall, Augusta is more like Macon, Columbus, and Savannah I know the census has something against Macon, Savannah, and Columbus.
I knew the double standard was coming. Even though Augusta is closer in population to Gwinnett, Dekalb, and Cobb. Somehow its nothing like those counties. But Savannah, Macon, and Columbus who are farther away in population from Augusta. Those cities are alike with Augusta.

Lol, and I exaggerate about Augusta. 540K to 290k IS NOT AS MANY PEOPLE as metro Augusta.

Facts and Facts

Gwinnett 255k bigger than Augusta, Dekalb 200k bigger than AUG, Cobb 160k bigger than AUG

Augusta 310k bigger than Macon, AUG 250k bigger than Columbus, AUG 200k bigger than Savannah

Last edited by nortonguy; 01-30-2010 at 03:33 PM..

Old 01-30-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Lol, and I exaggerate about Augusta. 540K to 290k IS NOT AS MANY PEOPLE as metro Augusta.

Facts and Facts

Stop making Augusta look like something it isn't. You tried a thread talking about how Augusta is the medical center of the South and you failed miserably at it. Just go back and read what posters said.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:00 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,437,654 times
Nortonguy, the problem these guys are having with your posts is that you are comparing the entire Augusta metropolitan area with individual counties in the Atlanta area.

People relocating from the counties you mentioned probably do like living in Augusta; but the Atlanta metro has 5 million more people than the Augusta metro, you can't even compare the two.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideDave View Post
Nortonguy, the problem these guys are having with your posts is that you are comparing the entire Augusta metropolitan area with individual counties in the Atlanta area.

People relocating from the counties you mentioned probably do like living in Augusta; but the Atlanta metro has 5 million more people than the Augusta metro, you can't even compare the two.
Exactly, thank you EastsideDave.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:03 PM

My initial post
''I think alot of the transplants will like it here. If they're from bigger cities like Atlanta for example. Living in Augusta would be similar to living in metro Atlanta. In Cobb, Gwinnett, or Dekalb county.''

Well I did say Cobb, Gwinnett, and Dekalb. Those are individual counties. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. I didn't say the entire metro Atlanta area. AND I NOT TRYING TO COMPARE ANYTHING. I'm stating what I have been told personally from people. This is not from my own mouth. I don't even think sometimes people read a person's full post. Before criticizing it. You're blaming me for trying to compare Augusta's MSA with suburban Atlanta counties. WHEN I'M NOT EVEN THE PEOPLE WHO SAID THIS.

Whateva.... I could really care less.

Last edited by nortonguy; 01-30-2010 at 03:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area