Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 10:40 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,087,010 times

Advertisements

The Atlanta Business Chronicle reports that New York-based First Quality Tissue is looking at sites in Augusta and Anderson, S.C., for a 2 million-square-foot mill.

First Quality Tissue, a division of privately-owned First Quality Enterprises Inc., in July announced intent to build a new facility, to be operational in 2011. 46 acres under roof and employ 1,000 people.

Business journal: Augusta in the running for a massive tissue mill | The Augusta Chronicle

Tissue maker eyes Augusta for giant mill - Atlanta Business Chronicle:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 02:16 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,693,178 times
It would be very nice if Augusta landed this, it would provide a major boost to the local economy! But knowing our luck, Anderson will probably get it...but who knows, maybe it's finally Augusta's chance.

Maybe the state of GA will get on board in offering some sort of incentive package instead of leaving it all up to the city. That is one of the reasons Aiken didn't get that cop car plant, the only entity that even talked about an incentive package was the county, not the state. The state legislature has put packages together for Boeing in Charleston and for Bass Pro in Greenville, yet they couldn't put one together for a plant in Aiken that would bring in thousands of jobs? That lets me know where the state's priorities are.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:32 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,762,963 times
Oh you mean the start up cop car plant that has yet to get built and is asking the federal government for a $300 million loan because they don't have the money to build it?

Old 02-22-2010, 02:36 PM

g-man, that's after the fact, my point is that the state didn't bother with any sort of incentive package to offer to the plant, they left it ALL up to Aiken County. Yet they offered a HUGE incentive package to Boeing for them to come to Charleston AND they even put a package together for Bass Pro in Greenville. It's not my problem that the company hasn't built in Indiana yet, my problem is that the state of SC did nothing to attempt to entice business to Aiken yet they can take the time to entice biz to Charleston and Greenville.

Last edited by EastsideDave; 02-22-2010 at 02:46 PM..

Old 02-22-2010, 05:36 PM

126 posts, read 307,675 times
They will go to Greenville

Old 02-22-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by par4him View Post
They will go to Greenville
I'd like you to go away, preferably to somewhere without internet access.

I really do want to know why you have such a vendetta out for Augusta? Please tell me so that I may be able to at least understand why you post the things you post. Please, please, please tell me (if not here, then in a private message) all the things that you don't like about Augusta and what you think should be done to solve these problems, seriously, I really do want to know!

I think that out of all 114 of your posts, not one of them has said anything positive about anything. You must be a horrid person to be around, I really feel sorry for your friends, but in reality, who would want to be friends with a person like you?

Old 02-22-2010, 06:17 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,762,963 times
Greenville? I thought the plant was going to Augusta or Anderson.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:17 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,852,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideDave View Post
g-man, that's after the fact, my point is that the state didn't bother with any sort of incentive package to offer to the plant, they left it ALL up to Aiken County. Yet they offered a HUGE incentive package to Boeing for them to come to Charleston AND they even put a package together for Bass Pro in Greenville. It's not my problem that the company hasn't built in Indiana yet, my problem is that the state of SC did nothing to attempt to entice business to Aiken yet they can take the time to entice biz to Charleston and Greenville.
I think it's because the state saw how shady a deal the whole enterprise seemed to be from the start. Furthermore, Aiken was only mentioned as a dark horse and I think it was pretty clear that the company was only trying to milk more incentives out of Indiana, which is where they were intending to go the whole time.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:27 PM

Has there been any announcement either way about this whole thing?

Anything?

Last edited by EastsideDave; 03-27-2010 at 05:59 PM..

Old 03-27-2010, 06:09 PM

614 posts, read 1,100,268 times
EastsideDave, I hope that Augusta gets lucky too. But I doubt it will be luck. Many industrial companies call Augusta home. We already have South Georgia Tissue, and I don't see why we can't land FQT too. We all know that we have to take what g-man430 says with a grain of salt when it comes to Augusta. We just have to wait until they announce their plans. Remember, on the other thread, I posted the link about Utan County, Utah. They had those people sold, and they thought that they had the FQT plant in the bag. The only people that know where the plant is going to be is the folks over at FQT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area