U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 02-26-2010, 03:21 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,292,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scyogi View Post
LOL! It even comes with special outfits amd 3 square meals a day!
LOL! But there actually is one, it's called 'Flat Rock Hill'. It's out by the Sage Valley Golf Club off of Bettis Academy Road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-26-2010, 03:41 PM

735 posts, read 573,827 times
Ah I forgot about that!

There are a few gated apartment communities in Aiken!

Unread 02-26-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
Ah I forgot about that!

There are a few gated apartment communities in Aiken!
Yeah, that Trolley Run place out by USCA is supposed to have a gated neighborhood too.

Unread 02-26-2010, 04:24 PM

735 posts, read 573,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideDave View Post
Yeah, that Trolley Run place out by USCA is supposed to have a gated neighborhood too.
It is gated. It also has 5 other subdivisions with home prices for each neighborhood. The largest YMCA in the Southeast is being built inside of it and a lot of shops and a grocery store were planned...but held off after the economy falloff.

Unread 02-26-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
It is gated. It also has 5 other subdivisions with home prices for each neighborhood. The largest YMCA in the Southeast is being built inside of it and a lot of shops and a grocery store were planned...but held off after the economy falloff.
Wow, I did know about the YMCA, I didn't know it was going to be on such a large scale though!

I was wondering if you or anyone else knew about what was being built on Trolley Line Road near Trolley Run? The land being cleared is part of the area that is meant for the retail/commercial part of the Trolley Run development, it's right before you get to the houses on Trolley Line Road if you're going towards Graniteville. They've cleared off a decent sized chunk of land... If you look at the plan for Trolley Run, that land I'm talking about is the commercial property on the far left of the map: http://trolleyrunstation.com/masterplan.html (broken link)

Unread 02-26-2010, 06:36 PM

164 posts, read 213,744 times
I choose Augusta

Unread 02-26-2010, 06:39 PM

499 posts, read 399,136 times
Work in Augusta and live in Aiken or vice versa.

Unread 02-26-2010, 07:55 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
5,879 posts, read 6,028,894 times
The poster said his/her job is located in Aiken.

Unread 02-26-2010, 10:51 PM

11 posts, read 12,811 times
Default I Live in North Augusta

I have lived in the Augusta/Aiken area for 25 years... We are a 33 year old couple.... Here is our opinion: We LOVE living in North Augusta because we are literally right across the river from all the shops and restaurants in Augusta (Far superior than Aiken for a diversity of things to do) but we both commute to Aiken to work...

Aiken is an Old Southern town that has aged gracefully, and because of this it is inundated with upper class retirees and a huge horse/loving "ralph lauren-ish" eliteist type of society.... For a 30 something couple that is not into Mensa and Polo we find Aiken to be a little to staunch of a community (and the cops are a55holes

Especially coming from Detroit I think you would be MUCH happier closer to a more Metropolitan town like Augusta.... Ultimately you have to tell us what your hobbies are and what you like to do?? We like trendy new restraunts, and a great glass of Cabernet served by a cute waitress that has a sleeve of tattoos (you wont find that in Aiken --- its more of a Starched White Tablecloth in comparison) On the other hand if you like to watch Lobsters Race then then Aiken is the only place to see it !! (We like hanging out in Aiken occasssionally too !! About 4 times a year tops otherwise all our friends and favorite haunts are in Augusta....

LONG LIVE NORTH AUGUSTA !!! The Great MiddleGround of the CSRA !!

Unread 02-27-2010, 09:39 AM

267 posts, read 425,709 times
The main reason I decided to buy in North Augusta. North Augusta is close to every part of the CSRA. Coming from a large metropolitan city Detroit you'll want to be in Augusta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area