Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 01:05 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
The interstates in Augusta run through the outskirts.

I-20 in Richmond county runs through West Augusta. I-520 in Richmond county runs through West Augusta, South Augusta, and East Augusta. Before it turns into I-520 palmetto pkwy in North Augusta.
Wow you are difficult. Since when did these areas become incorporated and not a part of Augusta? I live here and think I know a thing or two.

Do you consider Washington Road to be a thriving area and popular area of Augusta? Does it have an I-20 exit smack in the middle of it? Yes. Access Evans by getting off I-20? Belair Road? River Watch Parkway? You can get to almost anywhere quickly from I-20 in Augusta. I don't consider that on the outskirts no matter how you look at it.

The interstate is lengthy drive through nothing from Aiken. Either all the way down Highway 1 which is unpopulated with no attractions. Or, through the Valley/Graniteville area where you can get on Hwy 25 Exit 5.

Again, Aiken has the interstate on the far outskirts while the interstate(s) in Augusta is convenient and useful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 01:12 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,607 times
I'm not even going to get into this one, but for the record, I do agree with what you're saying SeaSpur, good luck convincing nortonguy of anything contrary to what he already believes.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:12 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,097,205 times
West Augusta is a suburb. If the city of Augusta wouldn't have conslidated with alot of Richmond county. It would be a affluent city of 65,000 to 75,000 people. Alpharetta, College Park, Sandy Springs, East Point, Johns Creek, etc all have vibrant places. If Atlanta consolidated with alot of Fulton County.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
West Augusta is a suburb. If the city of Augusta wouldn't have conslidated with alot of Richmond county. It would be a affluent city of 65,000 to 75,000 people. Alpharetta, College Park, Sandy Springs, East Point, Johns Creek, etc all have vibrant places. If Atlanta consolidated with alot of Fulton County.
Cut the crap and just admit you are being ridiculous in an attempt to disprove my initial point. If you live in West Augusta and send a letter to someone...what city is on the return address? Augusta is no Atlanta and there is no "affluent" suburb of Augusta at the moment with an ability to call things "their own."

Old 02-26-2010, 01:29 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,097,205 times
If your household income is over $75,000. That's living pretty good in a medium-size city. West Augusta can call Augusta mall, Augusta West Plaza, Augusta Exchange, Village at Riverwatch, Wheeler Town Park, Surrey Center, etc its own

Old 02-26-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
If your household income is over $75,000. That's living pretty good in a medium-size city.
Again, not my point.

There is no suburb of Augusta that can compare to the ones of Atlanta in terms of size, the things within them, and how they interact with Atlanta terms of dependency. Atlanta suburbs are basically self-sufficient.

Still though- this has nothing to do with my initial point in that the interstate clearly runs through Augusta and the people living in Augusta depend on it for travel or getting around the city easily.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:42 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,319,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachina1 View Post
Well, Aiken has 2 Wal Marts, a Target, Home Depot, Lowe's, Publix. Belk, Dillards, Sears, JCP and Books a Million in the mall. It seems like there are a lot of beautiful gated communities and some nice older and newer developments. A very active Newcomer's Group with quite a few relocated professionals. Small but beautiful University of South Carolina campus. Julliard is about to kick off their annual program here. Two big in town parks. Lovely theater in town.
As far as I know, there is only ONE gated community in Aiken, and that's Woodside Plantation. But there are lots of great neighborhoods, that's true!

Old 02-26-2010, 01:53 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
As far as I know, there is only ONE gated community in Aiken, and that's Woodside Plantation. But there are lots of great neighborhoods, that's true!
There's a gated community in Graniteville

Old 02-26-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideDave View Post
Where would that be at?

Old 02-26-2010, 02:54 PM

583 posts, read 2,633,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideDave View Post
LOL! It even comes with special outfits amd 3 square meals a day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area