Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 06:55 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,386,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Oliviana's Pizzeria & Grill will open in the former Polka Dot Pig in the Surrey Center located at 399 Highland Ave.....
PIZZA JOINT OWNER TO OPEN IN SURREY CENTER

The buzz is the owner of the three area Pizza Joints has signed a lease to move into the former Polka Dot Pig Gastro Pub building in Surrey Center. We’re told he’ll utilize the brick ovens for pizza,but it will be an Italian Café—with a different name —other than The Pizza Joint. In past years, two other Italian Cafes opened and closed in that building—including “Ciao Bella”, which was owned by Walter Clay of Rae’s Coastal Café. Most recently,The Public House and the Polka Dot Pig attempted to make the “Pub” like atmosphere work with modest success,before closing within 2-4 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 08:14 PM

I finally got around to try Tin Drum Cafe. I will give this place a ten star if it went that high. I love the lo mein with chicken with sesame sauce on it was so good. I also the brown paper bag and the container they out your food in. They just have it going on I will be a consumer. One more thing the portion they give you is enough for two if you or spouse a big eater.
My next stop is Jimmy John

Old 08-09-2012, 11:34 PM

McDonald’s on Wheeler Road across from Doctor’s Hospital and the Steak and Shake on Jimmie Dyess Parkway at Bel Air Frontage Road and I-20.

• The Dunkin’ Donuts, being built next door to Wheeler Tavern, is proceeding more slowly than the others. The foundation has been poured and most of the exterior walls are up. There is no roof, interior work or exterior finishing at this stage.

• The Steak and Shake, which began construction shortly after the Dunkin’ Donuts, is proceeding much faster. The exterior is almost completed, including the signature façade and roof line and crews are working quickly on the interior.

• The McDonald’s, at the intersection of Wheeler Road and Augusta West Parkway, is completed, the golden arches are up and the crew is apparently trained. They posted a message on their exterior sign on Wednesday that said “Open Thursday (today) 10:30 a.m.”

http://buzzon.biz/2012/08/update-on-...d-restaurants/

Old 08-10-2012, 12:02 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
The Kroc Center is definitely helping out the Harrisburg neighborhood.. The construction is spreading from Broad street to Walton Way.. The Cookout(new restaurant) was approved yesterday on the edge of Harrisburg, and will open at 1801 Walton Way(empty lot at Walton Way/Crawford Avenue intersection). After the Walmart neighborhood market/other retail starts construction next year.. The amount of new commercial developments will begin to grow faster around Walton Way-15th street near the Medical District-Harrisburg...

Planning & Zoning - Project Search Details

Old 08-10-2012, 01:06 AM

The Cookout have pretty good food I their when I was in Charlotte NC

Old 08-13-2012, 11:46 AM

What food chain is coming between Taco Bell and Pizza Hut on Tobacco Rd. I see some worker clearing the land.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:02 PM

Augusta Dawgs opens on Milledgeville Road
The specialty sausage dog joint at 2300 Milledgeville Road opened in June in a former Dairy Queen building.

Augusta Dawgs serves Nathan’s all-beef sausage dogs with more than 40 toppings available, including banana peppers, crispy onions, hummus and mushrooms. It also offers nachos and snowballs.

Augusta Dawgs opens on Milledgeville Road | Mobile Augusta

Old 08-14-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
What food chain is coming between Taco Bell and Pizza Hut on Tobacco Rd. I see some worker clearing the land.
I saw the construction earlier today, but didn't see any signs for the development?

Have you seen anything? I hope it's something new for the Tobacco rd area of South Augusta..

Old 08-14-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I saw the construction earlier today, but didn't see any signs for the development?

Have you seen anything? I hope it's something new for the Tobacco rd area of South Augusta..
I didn't see anything but I wanted to ask one of the construction worker what they was building. I hope for something new also

Old 08-14-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
I didn't see anything but I wanted to ask one of the construction worker what they was building. I hope for something new also
I'm thinking the construction maybe related to Waffle House since I can't find any Talbot Drive here in Richmond County... Plus that particular area of Tobacco rd is apart of the same census tract...

Planning & Zoning - Project Search Details
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area