Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 09:43 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
Augusta need to have a famous restaurant that when tourist come to town they flop there. Like The Varsity in ATL even dough it not the burger and hot dog joint I every had. It is the world's largest drive-in and also has and indoor capacity to seat hundreds. So people go there to eat just to say I been to Varsity in ATL. That's were Augusta focus on tourist designation.
Luigis, Beamies, French Market Grille, La Maison ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 10:48 PM

34 posts, read 80,910 times
Augusta has many boring chain restaurants and buffets for the tourist to pick from.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:03 PM

614 posts, read 1,100,867 times
Quote:
How was it I was looking to try them out myself. What did you order when you went?

I like the place. I had the sesame and orange chicken. They put a lot of pineapples in their orange chicken but I did not mind. It was still delicious. As for Jimmy Johns, I prefer Baldinos. Then again, if you live in the area, they'll deliver to you. Baldinos does not deliver. Have you tried Marco's Pizza yet? I have. Their crust is top notch. I will be trying Strawhat pizza soon.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:03 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,386,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
I like the place. I had the sesame and orange chicken. They put a lot of pineapples in their orange chicken but I did not mind. It was still delicious. As for Jimmy Johns, I prefer Baldinos. Then again, if you live in the area, they'll deliver to you. Baldinos does not deliver. Have you tried Marco's Pizza yet? I have. Their crust is top notch. I will be trying Strawhat pizza soon.
No I have not tried Marco Pizza or Strawhat pizza but I did try Crazy Turk pizza it was pretty good. I had the Carnivore pizza it something like the The Meats at Papa John but better. They also have pretty good wings and they have alot of selection on their menu. I probably will try Tin Drum this week.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Luigis, Beamies, French Market Grille, La Maison ????
I know Luigis have some history behind it but what about other you named. Only Masters week Luigis get alot of tourists. Im talking about something that before you come to town you already done heard about it. This what they can do is build restaurant on James Brown blvd then name it Godfather of Soul every tourists that come to town will want to eat at GFS. That what im talk about something on a national and international level. Inside you can have a couple of this coats that he perform in on stage so people can take picture with the coat on and wax image of James Brown for more picture taken. They can charge them for taken a picture with his famous coat then put that money toward maintenance and his foundations.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:45 AM

250 posts, read 580,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
Yep. Augusta Exchange. If you have the time, try Tin Drum.
Definitely give Tin Drum a try. Great Asian food. Good portions. Ive eaten there about once a week since theyve been open

Old 07-17-2012, 10:23 AM

Bird Dog Grille opens in Evans shopping center

Bird Dog Grille has opened in the Village at Furys Ferry shopping center in Evans, serving a mix of Southern favorites and healthful cuisine

Old 07-17-2012, 10:51 AM

I know neither Evans or Martinez have exact boundaries to them... When people think of 'Furys Ferry' either Martinez or West Augusta comes to mind... The media does this alot in terms of West Augusta and Martinez addresses... The Village at Furys Ferry shopping center is really located in the Martinez area.....

Old 07-17-2012, 11:05 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
I know Luigis have some history behind it but what about other you named. Only Masters week Luigis get alot of tourists. Im talking about something that before you come to town you already done heard about it. This what they can do is build restaurant on James Brown blvd then name it Godfather of Soul every tourists that come to town will want to eat at GFS. That what im talk about something on a national and international level. Inside you can have a couple of this coats that he perform in on stage so people can take picture with the coat on and wax image of James Brown for more picture taken. They can charge them for taken a picture with his famous coat then put that money toward maintenance and his foundations.
Sorry, but James Brown isn't a huge draw. Not like you're thinking with having a restaurant. Who's going to pay to take a photo with his coat? He's not currently popular. And many people weren't exactly thrilled with him and his lifestyle. Why would a tour group come from England or Japan to see James Brown influenced stuff when they can go to Disney World, Manhattan, Boston, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, etc?

You're really reaching when you say "every tourists that come to town will want to eat at GFS." Even in Manhattan, every tourist doesn't go to every famous restaurant (there are dozens) or the World Trade Center or other extremely popular places like The Met.

Savannah already has the Lady & Sons. Yes, it's very busy, but will it maintain it's popularity when Paula Deen passes away or leves tv? And lots of people of all races and classes like her. When I've eaten there, it was a challenge to find something that was somewhat healthy. It was nice. Once. Not sure I'd rush to go back.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:32 AM

A restaurant could use some type of motown/soul theme including James Brown... The James Brown exhibit at the Museum of History had to expand, and look at the pictures below of his statue when he died in 2006...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_W0mf79Fj2i...U/s320/jb2.bmp
James Brown RIP | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area