Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2017, 07:33 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,387,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastclevelandguy View Post
I don't see any of that happening and none of what you spoke of has happened. Your reasoning also makes little sense. What data do you have showing that building of new schools hurts the existing schools. Does it hurt the existing schools by providing a better student to teacher ratio? Or does it hurt the school district by providing more resources and educational options. Now do some Columbia County school have their problems? Heck yes but I never see them going the route of the bad school in Richmond County. And you say Richmond County has some of the best schools in the nation according to what?
How many high school CC have
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 07:48 PM

998 posts, read 1,549,447 times
[quote=Martineztim;47819624]I am a volunteer and I have witness students bringing weapons onto Columbia County school property. I will tell you it was routinely swept under the rug. Unfortunately Richmond County won't get the same privileges. I am sad to see any Columbia County school worse off than bad Richmond County schools. Children cannot learn if they are surrounded by violence. CCBOE hides from controversy.

We're family friends with Charles Nagle and my mother worked in the school system of CC for almost 20 years at 4 different schools… forgive me if I don't believe your claim about weapons charges being swept under the rug, Martineztim or amlovngit or whatever your next screen name is. There would be serious repercussions for what you say, well beyond just professionally and Clay Whittle don't play that game. You think a kid bringing a gun to school could be swept under the rug? Way too many people would have to be "in on it" w/o somebody saying something… kids like to talk, loose lips sink ships.

CC has its behavioral issues at its schools… but nothing like RC, people need to quit being defensive about it and just fix the problem.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:20 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,387,084 times
[quote=tckr83;47822547]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martineztim View Post
I am a volunteer and I have witness students bringing weapons onto Columbia County school property. I will tell you it was routinely swept under the rug. Unfortunately Richmond County won't get the same privileges. I am sad to see any Columbia County school worse off than bad Richmond County schools. Children cannot learn if they are surrounded by violence. CCBOE hides from controversy.

We're family friends with Charles Nagle and my mother worked in the school system of CC for almost 20 years at 4 different schools… forgive me if I don't believe your claim about weapons charges being swept under the rug, Martineztim or amlovngit or whatever your next screen name is. There would be serious repercussions for what you say, well beyond just professionally and Clay Whittle don't play that game. You think a kid bringing a gun to school could be swept under the rug? Way too many people would have to be "in on it" w/o somebody saying something… kids like to talk, loose lips sink ships.

CC has its behavioral issues at its schools… but nothing like RC, people need to quit being defensive about it and just fix the problem.
I don't make screen name to get a point across. Tell me when I said anything about CC swept gun charges under the rug.reread my comments you realize you talking to the wrong user. my comment was about the number of schools Richmond County vs CC. RC have a lot more school to maintain then CC which cost a lot money. If CC had the number of schools Richmond County have from top to bottom they have will the same problem.

Last edited by amlovingit; 04-13-2017 at 10:59 AM..

Old 04-13-2017, 11:04 AM

The number of schools is way down the list of reasons why RC schools are inferior to CC... CC is gaining steadily in pop on RC and adding schools, but it's not effecting the systems reputation in performance by any means.

It is what it is until it's fixed, but I doubt it ever will be because it would be too un-PC and a lot of inward reflection would be required.

EvansJim/tckr83

Old 04-13-2017, 02:35 PM

212 posts, read 239,120 times
I didn't realize my comment would ignite quite a large fire. My advice for y'all would be to form a new thread related to school debates before AtlantaGreg or any other mod comes in and closes this good thread down

Old 04-13-2017, 05:36 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,163,182 times
Quote:
Columbia County is set to break ground on a new mixed-use development aimed at giving Evans a downtown area.

A groundbreaking ceremony will be held on Tuesday, April 18 at 10 a.m. for The Plaza at Evans Towne Center. It will be built on the empty land currently across from Evans Towne Center Park and near the old Marshall Square.

A spokesperson for the county says The Plaza will feature restaurants, professional space, and retail. The project will be built by R.W. Allen Construction and the property will be managed by Meybohm Commercial.

According to a rendering on the Meybohm Commercial website, in addition to professional space and "top-level" retail in the "walkable lifestyle center," the center will also have a Performing Arts building, specialized restaurants, and will feature parks and green space. Meybohm also manages West Town Shopping Center in Martinez and the Riverwood Town Center in Evans.

R.W. Allen is no stranger to development in Columbia County. Notable construction projects include the original Evans Towne Center shopping center and the adjacent Evans Stadium Cinemas. They have also developed the more recent Evans Town Park, Shoppes at Camelot, and the Five Guys shopping plaza in Evans.
Columbia County set to break ground on mixed-use development

Old 04-13-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke2401 View Post
I didn't realize my comment would ignite quite a large fire. My advice for y'all would be to form a new thread related to school debates before AtlantaGreg or any other mod comes in and closes this good thread down
Why would they close the thread down? Nobody is arguing or putting one another down... it's a message board where debates occur and posts such as ours we're just as in topic as yours. Hang around long enough, this is tame compared to many others in the past. You don't like it? You don't have to read the thread...

Old 04-13-2017, 06:30 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,411,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
I'm confused by that one. On the first page of the renderings attached to that article, what's shown on the right doesn't match anything on the overlay map on the left.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
I'm confused by that one. On the first page of the renderings attached to that article, what's shown on the right doesn't match anything on the overlay map on the left.
Finally, someone else noticed it! I noticed this error when the original renderings were released. The building on the far right curves differently than depicted, and the building towards the middle of the plaza on the left appears different.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckr83 View Post
Why would they close the thread down? Nobody is arguing or putting one another down... it's a message board where debates occur and posts such as ours we're just as in topic as yours. Hang around long enough, this is tame compared to many others in the past. You don't like it? You don't have to read the thread...
I've been watching these threads for almost 6 years (although I didn't join until almost 3 years ago). I still remember the original Downtown and inner city Augusta going to another level...I just know how The mod will come in when the discussion gets off topic from the subject line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area