Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 12:09 PM

2 posts, read 6,273 times

Advertisements

Question...where should a newbie to Augusta look for a job? I have NEVER had trouble finding a job before in my life. Just moved to Augusta 6 weeks ago and so far I've sent out about 80+ resumes/applications and I've heard very, very little. Am I being inpatient or not looking in the right places? I've been looking on the Augusta Chronicle (monster jobs)..Snagajob.com, the occasional Craigslist, I've lookied on USAjobs and the Georgia DOL, etc. I have about 3+ years of medical experience (and optical). I have has also worked with children as a nanny in the past. It seems like everywhere I turn there is a medical office..but I never hear of any hiring. HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 02:27 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseylouhoo View Post
Question...where should a newbie to Augusta look for a job? I have NEVER had trouble finding a job before in my life. Just moved to Augusta 6 weeks ago and so far I've sent out about 80+ resumes/applications and I've heard very, very little. Am I being inpatient or not looking in the right places? I've been looking on the Augusta Chronicle (monster jobs)..Snagajob.com, the occasional Craigslist, I've lookied on USAjobs and the Georgia DOL, etc. I have about 3+ years of medical experience (and optical). I have has also worked with children as a nanny in the past. It seems like everywhere I turn there is a medical office..but I never hear of any hiring. HELP!
I'm would keep turning in resumes to employers. Augusta is one of the top medical cities in the south. I'm very surprise you can't find a healthcare job in Augusta. Since their is MCG, Eisenhower, University, Trinity, Doctors, Downtown VA, Midtown VA, etc, in Richmond county alone... Columbia, Aiken, Mcduffie, Burke, and Edgefield counties have medical jobs too. I looked at a few sites and all of them had over 70 positions. Good luck and I'm sure you'll find a job soon!
Augusta Jobs on CareerBuilder.com

Healthcare jobs in Augusta, GA - Yahoo! HotJobs (http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-search-l-augusta-ga-c-healthcare - broken link)

Health Care Jobs in Augusta, GA | Indeed.com

Old 05-16-2010, 03:49 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,087 times
^^ Also, maybe instead of going through the websites or the DOL, you might have better luck by inquiring directly at the employer. You can check MCG's website (either MCG.edu or MCGHealth.org) for current openings.

By the way, it may take some time before you hear anything from some places, especially MCG, they sometimes take MONTHS to call applicants after they've posted the job online.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:26 PM

2 posts, read 6,273 times
Thank you so much for the help! I'll keep on hitting the pavement and looking and applying! Thanks again!

Old 05-16-2010, 06:34 PM

93,166 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Nice and underrated area that I enjoyed during my time at Fort Gordon. I hope the economy continues to get better there.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:42 PM

937 posts, read 1,800,415 times
If you don't have haters your not doing your job lol!!! I only wish that these companies coming to Augusta would build up down town, let's get a skyline going!!

Old 05-16-2010, 08:44 PM

937 posts, read 1,800,415 times
O and nortonguy and eastside Dave, don't tell me about the mini ones (skylines) in west Augusta or coming in from sc Either lol lol, lmbo

Old 05-16-2010, 09:45 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,087 times
Hey, that mini-skyline in West Augusta is ALL nortonguy, I never even touched that one lol!

Old 05-17-2010, 12:04 PM

41 posts, read 113,775 times
Nortonguy, This is what I call a skyline.

Not this.

which is no different than Barrett Pkwy here in Atlanta.

Here is the definition of a skyline. A skyline is best described as the overall or partial view of a city's tall buildings and structures consisting of many skyscrapers in front of the sky in the background. It can also be described as the artificial horizon that a city's overall structure creates. Skylines serve as a kind of fingerprint of a city, as no two skylines are alike.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:13 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
Lol you have to be joking..Who ever said washington rd had a skyline..I don't even know what you posted a picture of the road.. I said the area along I-20/doctors hospital/Augusta Exchange area and I-20/stevens creek /riverwatch pkwy/claussen road both have a mini skyline...

Do you have anything constructive to post????

Last edited by nortonguy; 05-17-2010 at 12:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
View detailed profiles of: