Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:17 PM

3,202 posts, read 6,019,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Don't believe it. They aren't off of SW Parkway exactly. They are closer to Oak Hill and the Y. That is why the price is so low. I checked out the floorplans online at Meritage's site. They are patio type homes I would say. The floorplans are very similar to one another. I know that most new construction is this way, but these floorplans are almost mirror images of each other. Also, they have "california kitchens" which are smaller kitchens. Some have 1 car garages. The price point is accurate for the Oak Hill area. Lantana residents would be up in arms if these were built next door to them. They are a good distance away. Anything that went in off of SW Parkway would easily be 300K+.
Driving Directions to Aviara: Austin, New homes by Meritage Homes: Austin, TX

You mean, that because even though they are in the same part of town, go to the same schools, are less than a mile from Southwest parkway, the price drops 40%?

bwahahhaha!!!

Housing values can be fragile when bought for the wrong reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 09:17 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,433,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
Driving Directions to Aviara: Austin, New homes by Meritage Homes: Austin, TX

You mean, that because even though they are in the same part of town, go to the same schools, are less than a mile from Southwest parkway, the price drops 40%?

bwahahhaha!!!

Housing values can be fragile when bought for the wrong reasons.
How do you know that it is the same schools? It doesn't say on that website. They might actually go to different schools. That area is not as nice as Lantana. They are patio homes, that is why the price is so low. Also, they are 4 miles from Lantana, and they aren't in the same type of area. It is closer to Oak Hill and housing prices there are not as high as Lantana. The area just isn't as nice.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:02 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,019,316 times
Quote:
How do you know that it is the same schools? It doesn't say on that website. They might actually go to different schools. That area is not as nice as Lantana. They are patio homes, that is why the price is so low. Also, they are 4 miles from Lantana, and they aren't in the same type of area. It is closer to Oak Hill and housing prices there are not as high as Lantana. The area just isn't as nice.
I was talking about new homes in "exclusive" SW Austin priced in the 180's. Anyways, who said anything about Lantana? I don't know where it is, and I really care either...you keep bringing it up. You must live there.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:00 PM

308 posts, read 1,468,000 times
They are the same schools. FYI.
https://access.austinisd.org/school_...ries/index.php

I said I've driven there. The place is little crowded. It is typically the way how communities at different price ranges are built. I went to Meridian. there are 200k to 300k homes close to those above 450k, just two blocks away.

Quote:

Old 06-26-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayanh View Post
They are the same schools. FYI.
https://access.austinisd.org/school_...ries/index.php

I said I've driven there. The place is little crowded. It is typically the way how communities at different price ranges are built. I went to Meridian. there are 200k to 300k homes close to those above 450k, just two blocks away.
Meridian's average home price in the lower priced section is 300K. I'd hardly call that much of a difference from the 350K or 450K homes.

The reason the homes in Oak Hill are starting at 180K is because they are in Oak Hill.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
I was talking about new homes in "exclusive" SW Austin priced in the 180's. Anyways, who said anything about Lantana? I don't know where it is, and I really care either...you keep bringing it up. You must live there.
Sorry don't live in Lantana, it is a nice area though. It isn't even close to the new homes in OAK HILL!

Old 06-26-2010, 04:25 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,059,327 times
Quote:
I was talking about new homes in "exclusive" SW Austin priced in the 180's .
LOL, it can't be that exclusive, I'm here and god knows any exclusive community wouldn't have stood for that!

Old 06-26-2010, 04:50 PM

308 posts, read 1,468,000 times
there sure are huge difference. 300k homes in Meridian have lot size of 60 or lower, while 450k and above homes are more than 75.

Quote:
Meridian's average home price in the lower priced section is 300K. I'd hardly call that much of a difference from the 350K or 450K homes.

The reason the homes in Oak Hill are starting at 180K is because they are in Oak Hill.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayanh View Post
there sure are huge difference. 300k homes in Meridian have lot size of 60 or lower, while 450k and above homes are more than 75.
Not a huge difference. The residents could care less. The other homes are essentially the same homes only bigger, same quality. You can't compare it to the other situation.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:24 PM

27 posts, read 67,093 times
There are allot of great homes in Southwest Austin! You might be hard pressed to find something in your price range with the great schools...like Bowie, which is great. Allot of the homes Southwest in that range will be in the Akins school district. As far as the traffic here, I think it probably is better than Houston anyday! I would suggest finding a realtor that can answer your concerns and questions that you have and it is a free service to you. They can search for you in the areas you would like to stay in! Pflugerville does have great schools and great prices on homes too, but may be a little far for you to drive everyday. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin