U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 07:38 PM

4,013 posts, read 6,117,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david4455 View Post
Our flight doesn't get in till late...not renting a car ( a friend will pick us up the next morn) ..so we are looking for convenience in the airport area....

A cab to the arboretum area is $45 one way. To downtown It is probably under 20. The better hotels have shuttles too.

I still think you would do better to priceline downtown and catch a cab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 09:09 PM

347 posts, read 1,045,178 times
Just stayed at the Hampton Inn at the airport ($89). It was surprisingly nice. Great toiletries! Much nicer than the Extended Stay we stayed at downtown.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:25 AM

225 posts, read 579,477 times
Our move here was unexpected and we stayed in many hotels, from Intercontinental to ghetto on 35 by airport rd. and the Courtyard Marriot by the airport, was by far the cleaniest for the price, being new, but they book up too. It was awful in most we stayed at thru hotwire, even the Inter has mold in shower-yuck, but they also took car of it!
SO if I were anyone coming to stay here, I would say ask to see room first, I did that many of times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhwest View Post
Just stayed at the Hampton Inn at the airport ($89). It was surprisingly nice. Great toiletries! Much nicer than the Extended Stay we stayed at downtown.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:25 PM

3,090 posts, read 5,624,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
LOL! Now, there is a way to tell if someone is a local . I think that was one of the places that was 'affected' when they passed the 'no hourly rates' law....
Naw, they just dropped those rates cause they couldn't get anyone to stay a full hour.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:31 PM

3,090 posts, read 5,624,747 times
I like the suites much better than the standard hotel room and usually they don't cost much if any more than the standard rooms. I always pick Hawthorn first, Homewood second, Hampton or Amerisuites next, if I am spending my employer's money, reverse the order if I am spending my own money or points . Most of my frequent stay points are Hilton and Hyatt chains so they are my first choices. I don't have any experiences with any of the others except for a few one time stays, so I don't know if they are all alike or not. My single visits to a Summerfield, and a Clairon were very acceptable. I have not liked Holiday Inns that I have been in.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:07 PM

39 posts, read 98,626 times
When we visited Austin my husband looked on the internet for motels near the airport with excellent reviews - we were surprised to find the Super 8 Motel Airport South at 3120 Montopolis Dr and SW HWY 71 as one of the highest rated motels. I was a little skepitcal - I mean really... Super 8?! - but it was one of the nicest inexpensive hotels I've stayed at.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:39 PM

225 posts, read 579,477 times
Nice but stinky, fake freshner of some sort, if you are sensitive to smells, Super 8 will get to you quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO2TX View Post
When we visited Austin my husband looked on the internet for motels near the airport with excellent reviews - we were surprised to find the Super 8 Motel Airport South at 3120 Montopolis Dr and SW HWY 71 as one of the highest rated motels. I was a little skepitcal - I mean really... Super 8?! - but it was one of the nicest inexpensive hotels I've stayed at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin