Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 09:26 PM

4 posts, read 11,717 times

Advertisements

I find myself in need of a short-term lease for a furnished apartment for my family and I (wife & infant daughter.) I'm having a house built and it won't be ready for several months yet. I'll most likely need the apartment for a two month period.

I relocated to the area a month ago with my company and my "corporate housing" benefit runs out soon. I can stay where I am but they're planning on charging me $100/day, which is highway robbery.

Any suggestions? The three apartment complexes I called today didn't offer anything furnished.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 11:07 AM

41 posts, read 156,163 times
look into some of the extended stay America hotels. as low was 26.99-36.99 a day ( 810-1110/month)

Extended Stay America

there are also other chains out there.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:21 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,780,143 times
Your best bet is to sublet a furnished apartment, craigslist is a good place to look. Extended Stay brand hotels flat out suck, lots of sketchy people and usually quite dirty.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:54 AM

13 posts, read 40,969 times
You can always rent furniture through Cort Furniture which caters to the Apartment Industry and get a 3 month lease at an apartment community. Not every community does 3 month leases but the ones that do will charge a premium ranging anywhere from an extra $100 on up. It all depends. That might be better than Extended Stay.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:59 AM

3 posts, read 13,924 times
Default Short Term Lease Question

Hi Smartypants1000,

Moderator cut: please, no soliciting business

Now with regards to your situation, there are plenty of places that will have a short term lease and not charge you an arm and a leg.

That is the good news, the bad news is this. Furnished apartments will normally add on to an already short term lease premium an apartment complex will give you. Also location is a big factor with regards to pricing. I certainly know a few places that are furnished, but the locations are normally central Austin and not very big for what you pay for. Then again, your situation may require an apartment of that criteria.

Regardless of what you choose, do your homework and you will find something. Also, another user had a good idea with regards to just getting a short term lease and then renting the furniture. This will certain give you alot more options to work with as opposed to just searching for an apartment that comes furnish. Obviously the only downside would be cost, most of the rental places like Cort normally start charging at $200 + per room.

Good Luck and feel free to Private Message me if you still need some questions answered, I will help the best I can.

Last edited by RaleighLass; 07-26-2010 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Against TOS to solicit or promote your business
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin