Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 05:30 PM

2,522 posts, read 6,036,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
That is the mystical, magical thing about creativity, in the throws of if one can tap into that mysterious reservoir out there and feel it flow. This can happen with any creative endeavor, writing, painting, etc, but the miraculous thing about creating music is that you can share it with an audience and lift them to feel that incredible energy flow also. This can truly be a mystical experience to feel at one with this creative energy flow. To share it with others is bliss.
You said that better than I.....beautiful comment...and, that is what Austin's soul is all about, when you really break it down...Austin is simply this ineffable vibe of creativity, very real, yet a cloud.....you can't see it, but you can feel it, and it's been beckoning other creatives of all stripes for years....and music is the sin que non of Austin's creativity and soul, SRV being the apex of the same.....and his spirit still lives, in every musician that takes the stage in this city, in the Continental Club that he first gained his following from on s. Congress, and every note that sweetly wifts its way down the street....not to mention all of us, as cap says, that share in the bliss of that real-time creativity....wow...

Listen to that last song he would ever play again..I'm listening to Sweet home again as I type this....I don't have words...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edyr48B9XZ8

When I hear that last note at the end, what a killer...to think that was the last vibration that would ever emanate from his guitar...way to go stevie, ending it all with down home Chicago Blues!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the second part of that 16-minute encore/swansong by SRV(you tube breaks 'em up at 10 min.)......just listen to those last 9 minutes of sweet soul sounds, the last sound he would ever make with the instrument he was born to play..

BTW, Don't you just love that face he made when he would really get into it...thank you, uploader of this last song, to post that photo of SRV in his best "playin' face"!

Here she is.....the last 9 minutes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PvJH...eature=related

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fa/StevieRayVaughan.jpg (broken link)

Wikipedia public commons

Last edited by inthecut; 08-28-2010 at 05:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin