Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 08:37 AM

2,522 posts, read 6,036,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker_Yanker View Post
InTheCut, could be that he was just doing it to get a reaction from people (This is what fueled wearing the loincloth the first time....that and my inherent dislike of pants...). The last family vacation I took before I got divorced, we went to a family reunion in North Carolina. I wore a speedo just to screw with my stepkids (because shame is apparently genetically lacking in my family) even though, believe me, I DONT have the body to pull off looking good in a speedo. Fun to watch the reaction of people, from little old ladies trying not to let me catch them looking to people outright roaring with laughter.

True about LA being weird though. I was stuck in gridlock once on the 210 coming out of Azusa heading back for Barstow, it was a nice spring day, so I had my windows down. Suddenly, from next to me I hear "Oh my God! MOM!" I look down, there was a woman in the passenger's seat of a van wearing a pig nose. A full on, pig style snout. Her teenage kids were in the back trying to crawl under the seats. Laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. Weird? Perhaps. Dare you to show me some weird that isn't entertaining though.....
I'm sorry, but I think "weird" is cool...its just being fully alive! And go to EEyore's Birthday in Austin sometime..Austin IS a little stranger than I give it credit for..just last Thursday, they had this mondo bizarre magic festival on the streets DT..and it went on till 2 in the morning...we are talking a thursday, with work the next day, and people are prancing around breathing fire and stiltwalking at 1:30 in the morning...only in Austin...I think that would be a great night for someone just moving here to be here the first time..theyd be like, "Uh, is it ALWAYS this way'"..and I'd say, "Uh, yep!"....and has always been..

Old 09-04-2010, 09:01 PM

732 posts, read 2,126,226 times
I didn't realize there was actually a version of the dutch oven that did not involve bed sheets and a foul odor.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:44 AM

47 posts, read 109,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthecut View Post
I'm sorry, but I think "weird" is cool...its just being fully alive! And go to EEyore's Birthday in Austin sometime..Austin IS a little stranger than I give it credit for..just last Thursday, they had this mondo bizarre magic festival on the streets DT..and it went on till 2 in the morning...we are talking a thursday, with work the next day, and people are prancing around breathing fire and stiltwalking at 1:30 in the morning...only in Austin...I think that would be a great night for someone just moving here to be here the first time..theyd be like, "Uh, is it ALWAYS this way'"..and I'd say, "Uh, yep!"....and has always been..

No, don't misunderstand me, I also enjoy "weird". I would agree, if we didn't have weird, life would be REALLY drab. Ever see the move THX 1138?

Old 09-05-2010, 04:40 AM

2,522 posts, read 6,036,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker_Yanker View Post
No, don't misunderstand me, I also enjoy "weird". I would agree, if we didn't have weird, life would be REALLY drab. Ever see the move THX 1138?
Is that Speilberg movie a distopia, that forbids anything that stands against the grain? Good Point..Only free societies can stomach "weird"...I can't say that many totalitarian socieities have even allowed dissent, let alone weird! And I guess, by implication, Austin would be the freeist society in Texas. At any rate, surely freer than DFW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: