Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 06:21 AM

597 posts, read 1,316,783 times

Advertisements

I think you may be talking about this stuff called Hot Shot, it works on roaches and ants.

A little off topic but have ants been crazy this summer for anyone else? We had an infestation like we've never had before. Terro usually knocks them out but not this time. I covered the cracks in boric acid ant/roach killer. Is there a place I can buy Borax? I've looked in stores but I haven't been able to find it. I imagine it's a little safer than the roach poison I'm spreading about. Thankfully we are roach free though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 06:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,113 times
Default Hel

Do wood cockroaches lay eggs in the kitchen area or it may be roach feces. It looked cylinder shaped, like a tan color. I took a picture but not sure how to put it on here. I found some on kitchen cabinets, or what I believe to be. And there seems to be some dried up gunk in the inside of the cabinet hardware. I'm new to the south.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:07 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
This OP is six years old, but I'm sure other newcomers get freaked by our huge and weird native creatures. I had a scorpion in my kitchen last week. An angry one. Just corral 'em and put them outside.

Welcome to Texas!

Old 04-27-2016, 03:14 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,498,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmp308 View Post
Do wood cockroaches lay eggs in the kitchen area or it may be roach feces. It looked cylinder shaped, like a tan color. I took a picture but not sure how to put it on here. I found some on kitchen cabinets, or what I believe to be. And there seems to be some dried up gunk in the inside of the cabinet hardware. I'm new to the south.
Sounds like you found a rat or mouse turd.
Looks like a tan tic-tac ?

Old 04-27-2016, 07:56 PM

189 posts, read 296,343 times
I've turned into a guru of roaches since living is my current apt.

If you saw it during the day..... you might have a big big problem.

In most places I've lived in, making sure the kitchen was surgical room clean for a week would fix the issue. But not in this apartment. I talk to the people that spray and they say many times roaches are looking for water. So when it is hot and dry you may see more. I don't see any during the winter, then they start hitting about now.

Make sure you have someone spray. Those companies will fix the issue or at least make it bearable.

I'm from up North also and have lived in multiple places in the South. You will probably have to get use to seeing cockroaches from time to time.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:16 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,587,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajae90 View Post
I SEE! lol, I gotta get use to this...I'm over here dousing the apartment with bleach, spraying raid....I'm two seconds from bombing the place, really lol
Those chemical pesticides will be one thousand times the hazard to your health than any cockroach.

Don in Austin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: