Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 08:27 PM

912 posts, read 1,285,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
There are some higher-end areas in Austin that have taken a hit, but If someone truly wants to see a residential real estate disaster waiting to happen, look at the suburb of West Plano (north of Dallas). Specifically, look at the area contained within these streets: W. Park Blvd/US75/North Dallas Tollway/McDermott. It is a 40 square mile area grid of nothing but 4000sf-7000sf+ houses punctuated by the strip malls at major intersections every 1.5 miles apart. The majority of this area was built during the boom.

GoogleMap "Quail Creek Plano" to see the geographic center of this area.

I have driven through this area, and I have no idea how these people are going to sell their houses for what they've paid.
Well, while we're here, let's take a look at this prediction too.

Plano is one of the hottest markets in DFW right now, West Plano has top rated schools, most of the houses were built in the 1970s-1990s and the average is under 4000 sq ft (obviously), and the house prices are juuuust fine. Oh yeah, Toyota is moving there too.

Take everything you read here with a grain of salt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 08:33 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsample View Post
Just curious if ya'll ended up moving to LV? We are headed there in a few months and wanted to hear the deets.
Only one post from the OP four years ago...don't think they will be much help.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,992 times
What was that about a nuclear burial ground??

Old 11-12-2014, 10:09 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,780,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford-Chick View Post
What was that about a nuclear burial ground??
Best hit & run post ever !

(maybe it was down the street from the branch davidian complex? )

Old 11-13-2014, 06:24 AM

126 posts, read 150,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neddy View Post
From Lago its going to be about a 20 min drive to the movies and maybe 15 to the Walmart . They have a smaller grocery chain in Lago. I am not sure you would be able to get broadband in some of the area and if you work from home you might want to check and see what some of the options are there, Might make a difference. It's a pretty area and if the schools were better I would not mind living there since dh works in north Austin and loves to fish.
yeah this.. i moved up to lago from austin for a summer once.. it wasnt bad.. but what ^ says.. and watch your speed driving through jonestown.. also... some down low ex local info.. there are meth labs in the area.. or at least there were. however, these manufacturers tend to stay low profile and mind their own business.. just a heads up.. but in reality do you really ever know what your neighbors are up to.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,452 times
Default places to run

Quote:
Originally Posted by wi11iedigital View Post
Wal Mart in Cedar Park at the 1431 & 183 intersection. Takes me between 12 and 15 mins from my place in Lago Vista. Not sure about movie theaters as that's not my scene... Cedar Park has pretty much any "big box" necessity you need and with a grocery store, hardware store, dollar general, and 24 hour cvs, the lago vista commercial area has pretty much anything you need "in a pinch".

I moved to Lago Vista from downtown Austin about 2 months ago. I like it. It is a small town with lots of retirees and whatnot--not a lot of culture. That said, the natural beauty is stunning, it's cheap, and generally a very easy place to live. The commute to central Austin is 40ish minutes depending which side of Austin you're going to, around an hour if you are on the roads in the core rush hour (8am, 5pm). What's more it's a non-stressful, beautiful drive. Coming from SoCa you'll laugh at how people in Austin describe traffic. Anytime that traffic isn't at 100% 70 mph freeflow they start to complain. I commute every day to central austin and it really isn't a pain at all.

I'd be happy to answer any Q's if you want to private message me.
Are there any nice dirt roads or trails to run on in LV?

Old 04-01-2015, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,452 times
Are there places to run and bike in Lago Vista

Old 04-01-2015, 05:24 PM

221 posts, read 204,126 times
Can run on that nuke dump site!

Old 10-21-2016, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,681 times
As many have said LV is about 40 miles from downtown Austin.
There is one stoplight on fm1431 (hopefully that never changes).
If you want Home Depot, Target, Walmart, ect. its about a 20 minute drive.
It's away from the hussle & bussle of the daily grind (I love that).
It's just a small community that never really took off (I love that also).
There's nothing wrong with LV, just a quiet little community & hopefully it always stays that way.
If you wanna move here? That's cool, Just don't tell 1000 people how great it is once ya get settled in.
When I first was looking around down by the golf course, I had a older gentleman in a golf cart quizzing me how I found out about LV.
It had me laughing how this ole boy wanted to know how I came across LV & to keep my mouth shut about this little piece of paradise. Depending on what you're looking for? I agree with the old guy that it is a little piece of paradise just outside of Austin. We'll let all the hub-bub build on the south/southwest side of Austin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin