Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:40 PM

27 posts, read 114,280 times

Advertisements

Thanks everybody. I'm all over town, so I'll know right where to stop!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 10:04 AM

1,306 posts, read 3,119,222 times
Sounds like I need to drive a little further down 620 to Four Points HEB. The Anderson Mill one didn't have any a few days ago.

HEB has started selling their own version of real sugar sodas. Runs about $2.99 a twelve pack. I think their generic Dr Pepper is pretty decent.

I'm still waiting on Coca-Cola to get on the bandwagon. Mexi-Cokes are nice, but it's easier to stash a 12 pack in the pantry than a bunch of glass bottles. They must have at least one US bottling company equipped since they sell Kosher Coke in 2 liters.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:51 PM

18 posts, read 85,502 times
In my experience, "Heritage" Dr Pepper has a distinctly different taste than Dublin Dr Pepper. It has much more of an aspartame aftertaste (despite being sugar-based) than the crisp finish of the Dublin. The ingredients on Heritage can does indeed list "sugar," but I take that to mean beet sugar, or some form of sugar other than cane sugar. Dublin Dr Pepper, of course, contains Imperial pure cane sugar.

IIRC, other versions of Dr Pepper with Imperial sugar are 12-oz cans from Temple and 12-oz plastic bottles from Abilene. I have seen the plastic bottles in Walmarts out near Mineral Wells in the past, but cannot find them there anymore. However, I have bought them repeatedly at the Lampasas Walmart, as recently as this last March. I assume that the cans are still available in outlets in and around Temple/Killeen. Good luck!

Old 09-24-2010, 06:18 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,098,252 times
I just saw the cane sugar version at Peter's Barbeque in Ellinger on Hwy 71.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:09 AM

Got the manager at Drippin HEB to get it for me!

Old 09-30-2010, 10:20 AM

187 posts, read 467,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.h.badger View Post
Got the manager at Drippin HEB to get it for me!
Time to make a trip to Drippin!!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:08 PM

25 posts, read 65,149 times
Do they stock it in The Drippin HEB or do they special order it ?

Old 10-01-2010, 07:08 AM

She said it's up to the distributor (in this case Coke) and they're going to start putting a few on the shelf. The distributor is actually in charge of what they want to sell, they have a certain amount of space on the shelf and put what they want in it.

I was under the impression they would have a few there from now on, or until they quit making it. It's not like we drink a ton of cokes around here, it just bacame the running joke around the house. I had the "display" set up on the tailgate when my wife got home.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:42 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,098,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.h.badger View Post
Anyone know who still has the Heritage Dr Pepper? I picked up a 12 pack at the HEB in Oak Hill, but can't find it any more.

To those unfamiliar, Dr Pepper is celebrating it's 125 year anniversary by making some Dr Pepper "Heritage." It's made with cane sugar instead of HFCS. I think it's really good.

I've read about Dublin Dr Pepper that's also made with sugar, I suspect it's the same thing without the retro cans and such.

Anyone run across any around Austin? I've checked the HEB at the Y, Drippin, Far West, and Target in Oak Hill.
Heritage Dr. Pepper is made with sugar (not HFCS), but not necessarily cane sugar. Beet sugar is also included. If you google Dublin Dr. Pepper, you can find info about buying their version, which is actually cane sugar, the original recipe. There may be other versions using cane sugar, I don't know. But if the can just says "sugar", you can bet that it will not be just cane sugar.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:49 PM

64 posts, read 104,738 times
Central Market carries the Dublin DP... Buy it everytime I’m there. Grew up with DP - my grandmother always had ice cold DP in the ‘fridge for when we’d visit. Great memories.

You can always contact the bottling company in Dublin and they’ll ship it to you. Have had them do it before when I was in a town that didn’t/wouldn’t bother carrying it.

Dang... I think I’ll have one now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin