Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 02:34 PM

3,202 posts, read 6,020,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
I saw Prince Charles back in.....1986? I remember skipping physics class to see him (or at least a good excuse for skipping class). I remember he was way shorter than I thought and he was a bit confused by all the hook 'em horns signs . He was on campus to tour some research area, don't remember which one....
The year hasn't started, and I've already been shot down.

Ouch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 09:52 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
I predict:

- government related jobs will be scarce because of the Texas budget issues
- tech-related hiring will rebound. There are signs this is already happening.
- housing will be up and down all year, but will not finish 2011 any weaker than it is now
- the Longhorns will overall have a bad year sports wise. The most luxurious college sports program will suffer as football doesn't recover and basketball underperforms (again).
- traffic will get worse
- F1 wil get started and excitement will build. But F1 won't finish in 2011.
- Lake Travis will drop again, but not as low as it did in 2009.
- Dell will weaken slightly as they continue to lose market share
- Lance Armstrong will be discredited somewhat because of the brewing scandal over performance enhancing drugs

Old 12-14-2010, 07:57 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
I predict that in 2011 Jobert will finally give in to his basest desires and finally move to Circle C like he has wanted too so badly all these years!!!

I predict that in 2012 Jogert will be disappointed that Circle C did not live up to his expectations.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:34 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,020,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I predict that in 2011 Jobert will finally give in to his basest desires and finally move to Circle C like he has wanted too so badly all these years!!!

I predict that in 2012 Jogert will be disappointed that Circle C did not live up to his expectations.

hahahaha!!!
That. Was. Awesome!

- and you can call me "Jogert" all you want, it sounds more active.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:38 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,890,870 times
Another prediction:

As the billion dollar "mistake on the lake" continues, the desireability of places near Four Point will diminish. Every day I have to pass by that eyesore. What used to be cedar and oak trees is now gigantic stainless steel telephone poles. Has anyone seen that monstrosity yet? It's horrible and that's just the telephone poles. I hope that they construct a high sound wall around that place to at least block the view of the ugliness.

How can anyone in their right mind now purchase property off Bullick Hollow near the construction zone. What was prized real estate is worthless. Oh well, I'll step off my soapbox.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,890,870 times
(For those that don't know what I'm talking about, the mistake on the lake is the new water treatment plant on Lake Travis that they are building)

Old 12-20-2010, 02:05 PM

85 posts, read 129,296 times
I predict that a state house that is 2/3 Republican will pass laws that increase Texas' desirability to the point where the population trickle from blue states will become a flood.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:39 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,603,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricninja View Post
I predict that a state house that is 2/3 Republican will pass laws that increase Texas' desirability to the point where the population trickle from blue states will become a flood.

Now, that was actually funny. LOL!!! But, sadly it is true.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:47 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
I saw Prince Charles back in.....1986? I remember skipping physics class to see him (or at least a good excuse for skipping class). I remember he was way shorter than I thought and he was a bit confused by all the hook 'em horns signs . He was on campus to tour some research area, don't remember which one....
Remember, he went by the old Coliseum to cut the giant Texas Sesquicentennial birthday cake? That thing covered the whole basketball court. After a brief ceremony, the mayor invited Austinites to come by and get as much of it as they could carry.

We went down there and got several big sheets that filled the back of the wife's station wagon - took most of it to school the next day & served it to all my students. It was pretty good too - I think Duncan Hines had donated the mix & icing (all yellow). It set some kind of Guinness world record at thee time.

BTW - Queen Elizabeth visited Austin one time - she stayed at the Four Seasons by Town Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: