Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 01:23 PM

27 posts, read 163,040 times

Advertisements

Lots of Indian grocery stores that are flourishing. Gandhi Bazaar on Parmer and 620. Teji's, Taj and some others on Lamar that I haven't been to yet.
Bombay express on Parmer and I35 is a great vegetarian resturant/fast food place. Masala wok, Bombay Bistro, Sarovar are some others.
Most people mentioned the Hindu temple and Barsana Dham. There is this Sai baba Mandir at Cedar Park and another Swaminarayan Temple on Parmer, have been to either of these really.
In short there are enough Indians around here that you'll find a group you like to hang around. There is also festivals like Holi Diwali celebrated in UT, Barsana Dham etc. India cultural activities, dances and program as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 09:31 AM

1 posts, read 6,381 times
Default Moving to near Steiner Ranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANJSHA View Post
Anyone from Steiner Ranch here? We have recently moved in Steiner Ranch and I have not seen any Indians here. We would like ot make some friends. Thanks
Hi,

We are moving to nearby Steiner Ranch area in 2 weeks. We would like to make some friends there.

Thanks,
Abirami

Old 09-15-2009, 05:40 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivy_trick_mess View Post
Funny, I thought you meant "American" Indians. ~shrugs~ oh well.

Me too! I was looking forward to Buffalo, Elk and Deer, with some maze stuffing.
I could get back to my Comanche, Seminole and Cherokee, roots.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:47 PM

804 posts, read 1,964,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockashaun View Post
Can anyone let me know how large the indian community is in Austin? I figure with all the hi-tech jobs out there, it should be fairly large.

Any good indian restaurants?
Definitely. It's east Bangalore and being Indian is required to work in high tech jobs here.

There are quite a few Indian restaurants. Some of them are good, some are average. There are quite a few new vegetarian places as well.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:20 AM

25 posts, read 71,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore07 View Post
Definitely. It's east Bangalore and being Indian is required to work in high tech jobs here.

Looks like somebody really knows about Bangalore !!!

Now to add to the Indian community whereabouts question:

There is also a sizeable Indian community in SW Austin primarily due to AMD and Intel. You can find a lot of Indians at lunch hour at Tacodeli on Spyglass!!

Old 10-13-2009, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 12,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANJSHA View Post
Anyone from Steiner Ranch here? We have recently moved in Steiner Ranch and I have not seen any Indians here. We would like ot make some friends. Thanks
We recently moved from orange county,Cali to Austin & we are considering buying a home in Steiner ranch,Do you live in steiner , how do you like it so far,Are there good number of Indian families living there & Is it true that steiner doesnt have shopping areas nearby, I'm new to the city & dont know much here,Also we are considering Round rock & Cedar Park

Old 10-13-2009, 02:35 PM

2 posts, read 12,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_abirami View Post
Hi,

We are moving to nearby Steiner Ranch area in 2 weeks. We would like to make some friends there.

Thanks,
Abirami
We recently moved from orange county,Cali to Austin & we are considering buying a home in Steiner ranch , Do you know if steiner has lot of Indians & Are you going to rent or purchase a home in steiner , I'm looking for some good friends here in Austin. Do you have kids ,I have a 7 month old .

Old 10-28-2009, 02:08 PM

5 posts, read 22,464 times
Can anyone suggest which apartment has more Indian community in Cedar park, TX?

Old 10-28-2009, 02:12 PM

5 posts, read 22,464 times
Which montessori school can anyone suggest in Cedar park or Austin??

Old 10-28-2009, 02:41 PM

372 posts, read 1,148,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAtoAustin View Post
We recently moved from orange county,Cali to Austin & we are considering buying a home in Steiner ranch , Do you know if steiner has lot of Indians & Are you going to rent or purchase a home in steiner , I'm looking for some good friends here in Austin. Do you have kids ,I have a 7 month old .
We have lots of Indian neighbors in my neighborhood in Round Rock. My neighbor next door has lots of parties and always invites us over. He has even taught us how to cook some of the easier dishes like Chicken Tikka.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin