U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 06:51 PM

16 posts, read 7,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ail View Post
I'm trying this again : ) I enrolled my 2 yr old P/T in a preschool/daycare in the Bee Caves area. It's good for now, but I would like to switch him when he turns 3 (still P/T) to some place a bit more preschool oriented rather than daycare.

I am fairly new to to town and don't have a circle of friends to ask--what ARE considered the best preschools in town? I would prefer NOT to send my son to a church-affiliated preschool which seems to be so prevalent here. I live in the bee caves/westlake area, and am willing to travel a bit (within reason). I know I need to get his names on lists soon... Thank you in advance...feeling a bit lost in this arena : )
The University of Texas Child and Family Laboratory is the best preschool in Austin. It exists both as a school, and as a research and training facility for UT graduate students. Best practices for instruction and for the cultivation of a great classroom & social environment, and an extremely low student-teacher ratio. Classroom teachers are master teachers with many years experience. They are assisted by UT graduate students. It is a half-day program only, as its mission is to be a model preschool and it is not a daycare at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:40 AM

1,218 posts, read 1,038,240 times
I would find the best one near you. This whole emphasis that you rich people are bringing with you from other places is killing us. It is not sustainable. Imagine if every parent of every 3 year old drove their kid to the best pre-school, we have commute issues here and traffic problems.

Your kid is 3! Don't be so dogmatic. Lets be practical and kind, take your kid to the nearest ok school, take a deep breath, relax, unwind, try and be less type A ok?

Maybe you could send your kid to your local, close elementary soon and just improve it into the school you want it to be? Instead of us looking for the best all the time. I mean I hear it every week now, where the heck you all come from?

Old Today, 07:51 AM

5,738 posts, read 8,196,940 times
Zombie threads are the best. This was posted in 2011. Kiddo is 7-8 by now.

Old Today, 08:37 AM

12,226 posts, read 28,028,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Zombie threads are the best. This was posted in 2011. Kiddo is 7-8 by now.
Heck, maybe even as old as 10. I wonder if he survived his high-expectation childhood...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin