Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 06:57 PM

291 posts, read 800,468 times

Advertisements

Well we got a very stern citation from the city of Austin saying we had to move the boat or face a very hefty fine. We might have been able to fight it, but we didn't. Everyone with boats in our neighborhood got the same notice and we all moved them. There was a person with a small travel traailer in the driveway and there was no one living in it and they had to move it also.so, I don't know the law but that's what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 10:50 PM

658 posts, read 2,006,336 times
Oh yea! Westcreek (78749) has people that drive around and look for violations and turn you in. Once my sister stopped over night in their motor home and left around 8am. Not long after that the police came to my door because a complaint had been filed. She wasn't even there for 15 hours! Our boat was parked on the side of our house and we got the code violation letter. We don't have a HOA in Westcreek but we do have a very aggressive Neighborhood Association.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:32 PM

17 posts, read 76,689 times
We have boats all over our neighborhood but anyone with a trailer gets a citation - so go figure. It seems to be on the whim of some a-hole that one person can keep a boat in their driveway 24/7/365 and someone with a small travel trailer has to move the trailer. The city code is hard to understand at times and apparently not uniformly enforced.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:47 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,052,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastreat View Post
We have boats all over our neighborhood but anyone with a trailer gets a citation - so go figure. It seems to be on the whim of some a-hole that one person can keep a boat in their driveway 24/7/365 and someone with a small travel trailer has to move the trailer. The city code is hard to understand at times and apparently not uniformly enforced.
Given what the ordinance actually says about travel trailers being exempt as a recreational vehicle, I'd fight the authorities who issued those tickets. I don't see how they can do it.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
You cannot park a camper trailer, RV, or unregistered car in the driveway for longer than 30 days.

It has to be behind a 6 foot wood or stone privacy fence.

You can however have a utility trailer, or boat parked on the driveway indefinitely, unless HOA, has rules.

I have seen HOA's with very strict driveway rules! No P/U trucks or vans, even minivans and SUV's

Old 03-30-2011, 06:03 PM

17 posts, read 76,689 times
BentBow, can you point me to the direct link for that as I can have my trailer at the house and within 2 days we have someone trying to slap a sticker on it in my driveway. And we do not have an HOA. This is purely a witchy neighbor that is bored, lonely and evil. She thrives on watching what everyone in the neighborhood is doing...

Old 03-30-2011, 07:28 PM

291 posts, read 800,468 times
We do NOT have a HOA and our citation said the boat had to be behind a 6 foot fence and if not, it had to be moved.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbar View Post
Oh yea! Westcreek (78749) has people that drive around and look for violations and turn you in. Once my sister stopped over night in their motor home and left around 8am. Not long after that the police came to my door because a complaint had been filed. She wasn't even there for 15 hours! Our boat was parked on the side of our house and we got the code violation letter. We don't have a HOA in Westcreek but we do have a very aggressive Neighborhood Association.

You have an a hole code officer living in your little neighborhood on Jaffia, that's why.

He calls it in to his buddy. So he doesn't look like the bad guy.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastreat View Post
BentBow, can you point me to the direct link for that as I can have my trailer at the house and within 2 days we have someone trying to slap a sticker on it in my driveway. And we do not have an HOA. This is purely a witchy neighbor that is bored, lonely and evil. She thrives on watching what everyone in the neighborhood is doing...

I want to say it is in section 25 of the city codes.

Go to the city website and look up the index for codes.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:27 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I want to say it is in section 25 of the city codes.

Go to the city website and look up the index for codes.
While I understand this is a really old post , I just got reped by a new visitor and thought I needed to come back and inlighted any one that is in this possision now or in the future, that inlightenment would be that all any one has to due when served a CITY OR COUNTY citation for a code violation is ask if the code inforcement department is "Pro- active" or complaint driven? Most likely they are going to respond they are complaint driven ( thats the way it is all over the country) . Then you must demand to see the legal "Verified Complaint" that the constitution states you are intitled to ( in the state of California , the California Penal code clearly states that "ALL" Infractions and Misdemeaner actions "MUST" be prosecuted through a verified complaint. Additionally that verified complaint to be legal must be signed in front of a NOTARY and have his/her signature and seal on it, and state what the injury of the complaintent is / was. Thats the LAW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin