Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:46 PM

14 posts, read 31,061 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I will be flying to columbus from austin on this coming July 4th. Do you guys know where can I get the cheapest parking rate near the airport?

Regards,
Anson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 03:35 AM

9 posts, read 12,575 times
The city owned lots are $7/day. If you can get to Capital Metro's 100, it is only $1 each way and runs every half hour.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:04 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,126,724 times
fast park express is really fast and around 6.35 if you get a parking pass.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:31 AM

597 posts, read 1,317,184 times
Fast park, the one with the green busses, is a good place to park. You don't wait for the busses. You'll get to the gate quicker than if you park at the airport. It's saved my bacon a few times.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:39 AM

108 posts, read 274,700 times
I've parked at Parking Spot quite a few times. They charge $9/ night, closer to the airport and shuttles run every 5 minutes. Coupons are available online at their website (Expect More than Cheap Airport Parking | The Parking Spot). It's 10% or 20% based on without/with Saturday night. If you're planning for 4th of July, do make a reservation online at Parkingspot.com to secure a spot.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,878,202 times
I park in the standard airport long-term parking for $7 per day. Then take the shuttle or the 10-15 min or so walk to the terminal. It's convenient compared to other airports, but it can get full on heavy travel days.

But if you can catch Capital Metro to the airport instead of parking there, that is BY FAR the cheapest option. Only problem is you could be taking a long bus ride to get there/back, depending on what part of town you are coming from.

I think the off-site parking options mostly appeal to frequent travelers who want their cars covered and/or the extra perks they offer for about the same price as the airport long-term parking. But it isn't much of a cost savings.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:00 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,163,578 times
If you live in the Austin metro area and have a safe place to leave your car at home, there are several shuttles that will pick you up at your door and take you to the airport, and return you to your door when you get back to Austin. Reservations and pre-payment are usually required.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:40 PM

313 posts, read 786,355 times
Be forewarned - they've dug up half the lots at ABIA to expand garage parking. Parking at the parking spot and fast park may be full as people who normally park in the close-in or garage parking are now forcred to choose between those better options (IMO) or the long term airport parking

Old 06-26-2013, 04:06 PM

597 posts, read 1,317,184 times
Fast park just expanded plenty of parking available

Old 06-27-2013, 09:38 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,126,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
I park in the standard airport long-term parking for $7 per day. Then take the shuttle or the 10-15 min or so walk to the terminal. It's convenient compared to other airports, but it can get full on heavy travel days.

But if you can catch Capital Metro to the airport instead of parking there, that is BY FAR the cheapest option. Only problem is you could be taking a long bus ride to get there/back, depending on what part of town you are coming from.

I think the off-site parking options mostly appeal to frequent travelers who want their cars covered and/or the extra perks they offer for about the same price as the airport long-term parking. But it isn't much of a cost savings.
fast park express is MUCH faster and easier than the long term parking and it is cheaper to boot. I had a flight last wed, I was very late so I was going to park in short term parking but it was full. There is no way I would park in long term parking because I know driving all the way over to fast park would still be faster.

I made the flight about 10 minutes before they closed the doors (we had checked in and I dropped my family off to go to the gate while I parked the car) so making the wrong decision about parking would have meant missing the flight.

It helped that I have status and also TSA precheck so I just walked through security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: